Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge wristband broken

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I contacted customer service and they are sending out a replacement.  Just seems silly to replace an entire Surge when it is a band issue.  I asked if they sold a replacement kit and was no told. I'm just curious, as I found numerous replacement kits with the tools and the band in all colors and sizes on Amazon, and wondered if anyone has tried them and  they work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @bdug, good to see you are visiting the Fitbit Community again and I'm glad to hear you are going to receive a replacement on behalf of our support team.

Indeed, you are correct about the most logical option would be to replace the wristband. However keep in mind when the Surge was released back then, it was designed as whole piece with the tracker built-in to the wristband and does not have the option to exchange wristbands as our newest trackers do.

There are a lot of replacement kits out there, but are not officially supported by Fitbit and neither are recommended as you may harm yourself or the tracker or void the warranty. So the best option is to replace the whole unit when the case applies, since all the scenarios are different.

Hope this helps. See you until the next time!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer