Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync problem since android update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A few days ago, my Mi A1 received a big system upgrade and since then there has been a sync issue with my charge 3. Right after the update finished, the Fitbit app was crash and the data could not be synced. Delete then re-add the device seemed to fix the issue but after a few days, the problem would happen again. 

Android version: 9

Charge 3 firmware: 28.20001.49.45

At first, I thought it might be a Bluetooth problem. However, today I notice that whenever my phone logs on my company wifi, the app stops syncing. If I switch to cellular data or use my home wifi, everything will work like a charm again.

It is worth to mention that I have been using Charge 3 for a month and this problem only happened after the system update.

Does anyone face the same issue?

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Yes the same but my time zones are different

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can only sync if I DON'T use wifi anywhere, whether at home or not. Worked fine yesterday, fails today - with no changes to my phone or Fitbit. Everything else works via Wifi, just not the Fitbit app

Best Answer

and another thing.... cannot connect to https://www.fitbit.com from my PC with ANY browser

Best Answer
0 Votes

In my case, I suspect there is something wrong with the Fitbit app, not the phone or the tracker itself. 

Even if the app can't sync, I can still see changes in the heart rate widget and the data received is quite similar to what displayed on the tracker.

Just try to turn off wifi and cellular data and the app can't sync at all. So, I guess it is not that the phone can't receive information from the tracker but due to the network issue, the app can't sync with Fitbit sever (sometimes internet providers block access to several sites). If this is the case, maybe a VPN app on the phone or a change in the DNS server can help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your fitbit is rendered useless  when android updates.  life is too short to keep bashing your head against that wall, thow  out both your phone and your fitbit.  there is no other way to survive. 

Best Answer