Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G5 Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please, please, Please update so the Charge 2 will sync to my LG G5. This is very disappointing to have spent so much on a fitbit upgrade that doesn't keep up with android upgrades 😡

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone -- The LG G5 has all the hardware requirements to be a supported device but is currently not on our list of supported devices. This means that our Android team has not yet tested it for compatibility and added it to the list. If the device supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0), I recommend giving the setup flow a try.

If setup does not work, I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87
Ah-ha! I got it working 👍
Best Answer
0 Votes

What did you do to get the LG G5 working with the Charge 2??

Best Answer
Mine syncs but does not send text or phone notifications. If there is a solution, please share!
Best Answer
Mine synced after the second try. Then go to the Fit Bit app menu, go to Devices, select your Charge 2 and go to the Call and Text Notification settings. Configure both and it should work.
Best Answer
0 Votes
How? Please share
Best Answer
I upgraded my phone from an iPhone 5c to an LG G5 about a month ago, and have never been able to sync my Fitbit Charge to it. Is there a trick to getting Android to sync? Do I need to remove the Charge as a device and start from scratch, since it's a different platform? Or am I missing something else?
Best Answer

The LG G5 doesn't show on the list of supported devices at www.fitbit.com/devices so you may not be able to resolve this.

Best Answer

I recently bought a new phone the LG G5 and downloaded the fit bit app. My fit bit Alta no longer syncs with my phone. I used to have an iPhone and it synced no problem. It worked for a day and that was it. I have tried deleting the app, and removing it from my bluetooth, also I have restarted three separate times and no luck. It is the only device on my Bluetooth list and I just can't simply figure out why this is not working. The only other thing I should mention is that I still have the app on my iPhone and have been updating my progress because it won't update on my new phone. What can I do? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since it is a new phone, @Akm1983, it is probably running the Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system. If this is the case, you need to ensure you have Location Services enabled in order for Bluetooth to sync the tracker - this was a change that Google made to the 6.0 OS.  If you have Location Services enabled on your phone, and it still isn't syncing, try turning on the "Enable Notification Wizzard" under Call and Text Notifications.

Best Answer

Thank you I think this worked

Best Answer
So it worked this morning but now it seems to be searching again. The
dashboard definitely won't update. It seems as if it picks certain times to
update.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, @Akm1983! It is nice to see you. It could because the LG G5 is not on the list of compatible devices yet. This doen't mean it is not compatible but that our engineers have not fully tested yet. This could be one reason why you are having problems with it, even after enabling locations as @USAF-Larry suggested. 

Was it working correctly before? Also, please provide as much details as you can so we can further investigate. You say that it does sync but just certain times?

Keep us posted! ;}

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

That makes sense. It worked perfect with my iphone and then would not read at all on my new phone. This happened for three days. Then it seems to work during the day and sync on its own, but around 7pm it cannot find my fitbit when I am sitting on my phone trying to sync it. If I switch to the old dashboard sometimes it works but it won't update. Its working more often than not now but still having some difficulties. I no longer get my notifications such as texts and calls and I do not get the vibration when I have hit 10k steps. I do get the nudge for the need more steps per hour. 

Best Answer

I had a moto x play and my change hr synced just fine. Now I have a new phone (lg g5) and it won't sync. I have read a few posts and it seems it isn't possible to sync? I don't know. I have gotten some conflicting info. I have tried to do a factory reset to try to get it to connect but I can't seem to get it to reset.

My phone is not detecting the charge hr at all.

Am I sol? Or is there a trick to get it to work?

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@oOTurquoiseOo Glad to see you here in the Community! 

I just checked the list of compatible devices for you and LG G5 is not yet on it. I know it's a pretty new model and that's probably why it's hasn't been tested for compatibility. I recommend keeping an eye on the list.

For now, you can sync using your Moto X play or your computer.

Hope this helps! Love your new phone though. I like the signature on lock screen feature 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! Somehow after I posted this last night it did sync!

I'm really loving my new phone 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there, @Akm1983! Yes I think this is the reason why you are having this inconveniences. Remember that you can always sync with your computer as well. And the list is always being updated, so I recommend you keep an eye on it for the latest devices. Man Tongue

Best Answer

I figured it out! I took the blue tooth off my iPod touch and it works great. The only thing I cannot get now is when I reach my step goal for the day my wrist doesn't vibrate like it used to. But I'm very happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, @Akm1983! Thanks for joinin in. I'm glad to hear that the Bluetooth is working now. Have you tried to restart your tracker? Also, have you checked what your step goal is? 

Let me know! 

Best Answer
0 Votes