Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Nokia 5 running Android 8 and a charge 2 Fitbit. 

Until I updated my Nokia android 8. All has been running and syncing fine. Since updating my phone it has not synced with my Fitbit. 

Does anyone know of a setting that needs altering or any problems that would lead to no sync problems?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Maybe you should check your settings again, I also run on android 8 from last week and can sync my nokia 5 with my charge 2. Maybe try and change the setting of location permission to on.

You can do this by, going to the app and slide downwards to engage the sync mode(you should turn off the gps, only bluetooth on). You will see then a red bar appear in top of the app with; "Location permission required to sync"; now click on that and another screen will appear, with two possibilities to turn on 'location permission' and 'location services'. To sync you can just turn on the first option, 'location permission' by ticking the empty box next to it.

Hope this work for you 🙂

p.s. since you are also a noka 5 user, were you able to use the gps with the fitbit app to track your fitness routes?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

Maybe you should check your settings again, I also run on android 8 from last week and can sync my nokia 5 with my charge 2. Maybe try and change the setting of location permission to on.

You can do this by, going to the app and slide downwards to engage the sync mode(you should turn off the gps, only bluetooth on). You will see then a red bar appear in top of the app with; "Location permission required to sync"; now click on that and another screen will appear, with two possibilities to turn on 'location permission' and 'location services'. To sync you can just turn on the first option, 'location permission' by ticking the empty box next to it.

Hope this work for you 🙂

p.s. since you are also a noka 5 user, were you able to use the gps with the fitbit app to track your fitness routes?

Best Answer

Hi

I have checked location permissions and location services and both are on. On my tablet running Android 4.4 everything works, even testing the call notifications it behaves. My Android 8 phone won't find my fit bit. Don't understand  why it's not behaving.

I haven't tried tracking, fitness routes yet, so I'm afraid I can't help on that one.

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Scratch the last message, one thing I didn't do before was unpair and pair my phone and fitbit. 

It's behaving now 😁👍 

Thanks for your help! Will look into fitness tracking and report back! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad it works now 🙂

Have checked the tracking function with GPS, and it works now (don't know how, but it's working fine now). Only downfall is that the accuracy of Fitbit-GPS is not that precise, I walked a distance of 300m (calculated it with maps) but the fitbit only report 220m... Does anyone knows if used Strava with GPS and resync it with fitbit is more accurate?  

Best Answer
0 Votes