Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ Compatiblity

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How soon do you expect the Ionic to be compatible with the new Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone.

The Samsung Galaxy S9 has now been added to the Supported Devices list. The same goes for the Galaxy S9+. This means that the app, syncing and all features should start working properly. 

If you are still experiencing issues with the phone, please make sure that you are using the latest version of the Fitbit app. You can read more about it by clicking here. Also, please try to follow the steps listed in this help article to get your Fitbit to sync with your S9, in case you are experiencing any difficulties. 

Please do feel free to let us know if there is anything we can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
692 REPLIES 692

Welcome to the Forums @Channie.

At this moment we do not have anything to announce in relation to the new Samsung devices. Whenever we do, we'll be sure to share it with everyone.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Hi, I have just bought the Samsung s9 but now I'm not able to sync my fitbit. Can anybody help? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer

Fitbit Update: 9/10

The Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ have been added to our supported devices list. Please make sure you are running the latest version of the Fitbit app to ensure your Android device continues to function with the latest improvements. 

@Lisa78 Hi, there! Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Glad to see a new face Smiley Happy

At this time, the Samsung Galaxy S9 has not been added to our official list of Support devices. This means our team here hasn't yet tested it for compatibility purposes with our watches/trackers. You can try our troubleshooting suggestions, but it won't guarantee anything. Please keep checking back to see if your mobile device has been added. If available, you can also sync through alternate devices like a computer or tablet. Hope this helps! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I'm in the same boat. I wonder  how long will the fitbit store data.  Do I need to keep my old Samsung S5 around just to sync my steps? 

Guess Aria won't sync when I get home either.  Oh well, she thinks I'm overweight as it is. 

Best Answer

I'm having the Same issue. Just got the s9 plus. Is there a time frame for this to be added to the compatible device list?

Best Answer

Same boat here too. I don't have the option of syncing to my old phone because it's destroyed. 

I wonder how long it takes for the iPhones to become compatible? It's not like Fitbit doesn't know new phones are being released. 

May be time to switch to a Samsung watch. 

Best Answer

Same! I find it really annoying. I would think Fitbit would've figured this out sooner. 

Best Answer

I just got the Samsung Galaxy s9+ about two days ago and pre-ordered the Fitbit Versa yesterday. I'm wondering if I should cancel my pre-order or not. I'm excited to get it but if it isn't going to be compatible then I suppose it wouldn't make much sense! Smiley LOL

Edit: I've now had my Versa for almost 2 months and everything seems to be syncing up just fine. I am using a third party app called Fit Notifications, however, because I wasn't receiving message/phone call notifications when I first set up my watch. I haven't tried removing this app to check and see if my notifications will work without it but I might just to see if it possibly works now. I'll update if anything changes!

Best Answer

Please work this out Asap as I want my samsung 9 to syn so that I can get my msg,get up and move msg and phone call msg.

Best Answer
I've got the Samsung 9 and the fitbit charge 2 and it works fine now
Best Answer
It should be syncing with the Samsung 9 now. Mine works fine
Best Answer
Hi, I have the Fitbit Alta and it doesn't sync. I really don't want to
spend more money on a new Fitbit. It is up to Fitbit to work this out to
help their customers.
Best Answer
Yes the customer services should help you
Best Answer
👍
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great news! I pre-ordered the Fitbit Versa so I don't know if it'll work with it or not. Here's to hoping it gets figured out before I receive it! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, I was reading you are eager to see the Samsung Galaxy S9 as a compatible device. At the moment we do not have a timeframe of when this phone is going to be listed but rest assure we are considering all your comments and feedback.

Due to the large number of Android phones available in the market, Fitbit has not yet tested all models. If you are experiencing syncing issues, please refer to the previous recommendations shared by @AlessFitbit. It would't hurt to give it a try, as the app may present some instabilities since is not yet optimized to run with the S9.

As more information becomes available we will let you know.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my blaze to work with my S9 plus!!!

First I deleted the app and then reinstalled. I logged back in, deleted the blaze and clicked to add new device. The phone was able to finally find the blaze, it prompted for the code, and now it works! I did lose all my steps over the past couple of weeks, but at least it's working now.

I hope this helps everyone!

Best Answer

I don't understand how the problem is solved pertaining to S9+ syncing with my less than

1 yr old Alta HR? It won't sync to my S9+. 

Who determines who fixes this, Samsung or Fitbit? These are not cheap gadgets.

Best Answer

I get that it is a new phone and not yet tested. Not really the problem - it is the watch rejecting pairing to any device including the S9 because I didn't get a chance to unpair it. I need to reset the watch, the issue isn't specific to the phone

Best Answer