Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today's app goals keep "blinking" once met

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

About 2 days ago, once I reached a goal - steps, calories, stairs, etc. - the app will show that i met the goal by turning a solid blue, and then 30 seconds later it "updates" and shows I met the goal again.  Basically blinking back and forth between met and unmet every 30 seconds.  Super annoying!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

So maybe the Versa needs to have a Firmware update as well for it to hopefully work with the app.

@LizzyFitbit Has there been any indication of a fix for this bug in the 3.5 app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner, @Timppe and @Georgiae. Nice to see you here again.

Thanks for keeping me updated. Based on the behavior you're seeing, it seems to be related to the Fitbit app itself which has been affecting some of our Android users. Since the troubleshooting steps shared above have been tried, I'll share your details with our team so we can further investigate and bring a solution to all of you. In the meantime, be sure to keep the Fitbit app up-to-date. I'll update this thread once I have more details from our team.

@Timppe, thank you also for replying back. Let me share that your OnePlus 5 phone hasn't been fully optimized to work with the Fitbit app. While this might be affecting the app's performance, I'll still help you out with this.

@Georgiae, I'm glad that the blinking stopped on your Fitbit app. If you happen to have the same behavior, don't hesitate to let me know.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So last night, 9/17/19, my app updated to v. 3.6 and now the annoying blinking has gone away.  The app looks like its back to normal now.  😀

Best Answer

@kdogf5  Is the app also syncing correctly again?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner      I've had to refresh it to sync about twice over the night (I work nights) but otherwise it seems to be syncing correctly now.  

Best Answer

@kdogf5 - what phone do you have and what operating system are you on?

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy 7 Android Version OS 8.0.

Just wanted to make sure I don't have any issues with syncing or worse.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner   I have a HTC U11 and run Android 8.0.   Charge 2 on 22.22.58.0 firmware and the app is now v3.6   

I still have other issues with text messages not giving me notifications at all, but the blinking app is now gone and from what I can tell, it is syncing properly.   

Hope yours gets resolved!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kdogf5 

Thank you.

I'll do the update when I get home in case I have any issues with the update.  Fingers crossed it goes smoothly and the issues are resolved.

Best Answer

I've updated to 3.6 and the wild "blinking" is gone but this video shows that the issue has not yet been completely resolved. The big (main) goal is now pulsating. Perhaps we just cannot see the others pulsating, too 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I really have to watch my screen to see it "pulsate"  and its not doing it with any major frequency, so at this point I'm okay with my phone/app.  I could see from the video that while not as bad as the blinking was, the pulsating could still be rather annoying for those experiencing it.    

Best Answer

@Timppe same experience here. After the app update to 3.6 synchronizing is so much better, less problems with bluetooth and the blinking tiles are gone.

Only updated about an hour ago. Until I read your post I thought I caused the pulsating main tile myself by running to heavy on the treadmill and that it possible started to fall to pieces 😁

In my app the pulsating is not as bad as in your video, just slightly.

(Broken Fitbits One, Charge 2 and 3). Using Charge 4 and Garmin fēnix 6. App vs 4.16.1 Samsung Galaxy A52. Android 14
Best Answer

So glad I'm not the only person experiencing this issue. It started happening to me a couple of weeks ago...the goal circles constantly blinking when they'd been met. My husband started experiencing it tonight as well.

Thanks to this thread I've updated my app to version 3.6 which seems to be working fine but the main goal is 'pulsing' sporadically. Not as bad as the constant blinking but still not great.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit 

I updated to the 3.6 Android version just now and the main goal...steps does pulsate. Not consistently like the blinking of all the goals in 3.5 but it does do it. Seems to do it more when the app refreshes. The syncing seems better but it still too early to tell since I just updated to this version.

As you can see other users are also commenting on this as well.

There's a video on this thread that captures the pulsing of the main goal provided by @Timppe.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I installed a lengthy system update to my Ionic yesterday and the blinking on the app stopped.  Today i couldn't get the app to sync, so rebooted my Ionic and phone.  Now the blinking is back.  Updated the app and the blinking has stopped.  Again.  For now.  Will keep everyone posted if any of the problems return.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Georgiae ....thanks for the update.  Hopefully, your issues will be resolved with the new firmware and update.

So I updated to 3.6.  Syncing was going good then it couldn't find device.  Had to do the replace device and act like it was a new device and set it up.  Linked the Versa once again to the app and redid the notifications and exercises once again.  Starting syncing and receiving my notifications after that but this is getting old.  

Why can't Fitbit get these updates to work right once and for all for us Android users????   Sigh.

Best Answer
  • Now my main goal, once met, is pulsing.  Ugh, is this ever going to be fixed????
Best Answer

Sooooo...  In all the blinking/pulsating and no text message notifications issues and now after the 2 app updates, as of last night I'm now on v3.6.1.  I now have no push notification to my phone for "almost there" "step goal met" or "you're x amount of steps over your goal" 

The Charge 2 is doing the celebration thing when my step goal is met, but nothing on my phone. 

🙄 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kdogf5 

Thanks for the heads up.  I saw the update available and I'm not doing it. Ugh so this update didn't fix anything then...just made it worse.

Have you contact Fitbit Support via email or Twitter to let them know that this version isn't working right either?

This is beyond ridiculous.   Researching other products to see what will work best for my needs.

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Thanks for taking the time to participate in this thread. I'm sorry for my delayed response, and I'll be here to continue helping you.

I appreciate the information that you've shared with me, as well for trying the steps posted in this thread. I understand where are you coming from and I'm sorry for the frustration that this situation has caused. I've passed this along to our team and they're currently investigating this behavior. Please make sure to keep the Fitbit app up-to-date. Once I have more details from them, I'll update this thread.

I'll be here if you have another question.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys. I appreciate all of you for reporting this issue and for your efforts while working on this.

I'm glad to let you know that our team released an update for the Fitbit app which brings the resolution to this situation. Make sure to download the latest 3.7 Fitbit app version from the Play store so you can receive the fix. If you happen to have any issue with the Fitbit app, please let me know so we can work on that together.

Thanks again for your patience and hope to see you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes