Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracked a Hike in the app and the calories are way off.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I tracked a 1.84 mile hike of 1 hour 22 minutes.  It shows 187 calories burned.  If I add another hike for the same time and duration it shows 800+ calories on the second hike but updates the calories on the first hike to 800+.  Then if I delete the second hike, the first tracked hike goes back to 187 calories burned...  This happens both in the app and the fitbit.com site.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi there @NCBloodhound, good to see you have joined the Fitbit Community! In this case both activities are in conflict due to the manual activity values. When you add a manual activity all steps, calories, and active minutes recorded by your tracker are overridden for the duration of a manually logged activity by compensating the data by creating an average of your calories, since there are two activities at the same time.

Calories depends on the intensity of your exercise; while more intense is the pace you maintain on the activity, more calories you will burn. Logging manual activities are perfect for exercise that your tracker is not able to track as a regular walk, run or hike.

The information will be reflect in your online Dashboard and your app since the data is shared across no matter what platform you are using.

Hope this information helps and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response.  Sorry I wasn't clear.  I only entered the manually tracked data because the automatically tracked data was incorrect.  The auto track said I burned only 167 calories after a 1.84 mile hike.  As a test I entered the manual one.  I then deleted the manual one and the auto one went back to 167 calories.  Finally I deleted the auto one because it was wrong and just entered it manually.  

So bottom line, my initial auto track was way off on the calories.  Everything I did after that point was my own attempt to get it to work right.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME - There is definitely a bug with tracking.  Today I hiked 1.64 miles for 29 minutes and tracked it using the FitBit App.  When finished, it showed 67 calories on the 'impact' tab but the first tab was blank.  When I clicked back it wiped out what it had just tracked.  I can work with you guys to reproduce this.  I have a brand new Pixel 2 and version 2.62.1 of the app.  

Thanks,

Mike

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @NCBloodhound, good to see you again and please accept my apology for being absent for a few days. Thank you for your offer and your assistance to brought this to my attention. How it goes so far? Is the issue still persisting?

If it does, is the issue happening only when you hike or the issue repeat itself with other activities? Perhaps the following instructions to reset the app might give you some extra help. But only try this in case of being necessary.

If you are still having the same experience with the calorie count, feel free to share a screenshot so I can have a closer look to this issue. I haven't seen other reports of a similar scenario to call this a glitch but definitely I can relay this information to our teams to investigate further. If you need additional help to upload screenshots the following post might get you back on track.

See you later and stay tuned fore more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes