Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking exercise on Galaxy 6S issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently got a Samsung Galaxy 6S and now whenever I finish tracking my walk I can't get back on the phone.  The lock screen pops up and goes blank really fast without enough time to enter my pin.  If I try holding the on/off button the same thing will happen.  I have to repeatedly hit the on/off button until the lock screen pops up for just a wee bit longer, then I can hold the on/off button and choose to turn the phone off.  When I turn it back on, I am able to access the app.  During all this, the timer continues to run and then my splits are all off.  I had no problem with my previous phone.  I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling but that hasn't helped.  Anybody else had this problem or have any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @unknblue and welcome aboard to our community! Please try to restart your phone and make sure you are running the latest version of the Fitbit app. You can find this on your Google play store under "My Apps" option.

If you have recently updated the app then will be require to log out from your Fitbit account and restart your phone. Once you have done this open the app and try again to review if your phone works properly. I wonder if this screen lock issue is happening with other apps?

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @unknblue and welcome aboard to our community! Please try to restart your phone and make sure you are running the latest version of the Fitbit app. You can find this on your Google play store under "My Apps" option.

If you have recently updated the app then will be require to log out from your Fitbit account and restart your phone. Once you have done this open the app and try again to review if your phone works properly. I wonder if this screen lock issue is happening with other apps?

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I had already uninstalled and reinstalled the app before but I did it again.  This time I powered down the phone and turned it back on and all seems to be working now.  Thanks for your help, Roberto.  Have a great day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @unknblue, that's awesome my friend. I'm glad you are back on track to smash those fitness goals! Robot wink

Happy stepping and see ya around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this is an old thread but I have a Samsung galaxy A3 phone and a Samsung galaxy tablet & today, after my morning run, have had the same problem. After syncing I can see the map & splits but no data on heart rate or calories with the message that I can't view the data when offline. I have full internet connection, the most up to date version of the app & have rebooted my devices. Still no luck. Can you please help me ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes