Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add friends

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried multiple times to add some of my friends, but it either won't show up anything or it shows an error. I have tried to add from contacts, facebook, and by email and user name but nothing seems to be working for me. The Facebook and contacts selection keeps showing up that I have zero contacts or friends on facebook. Which I know is not true. I don't know how to correct this? And when I add by email, it shows up as an error 403. I just want to be able to have more of my friends on my fitbit.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You might need to get your friends to connect their Facebook accounts. 

Let's however look at email. 

If the email you have for your friends is their Fitbit email. They should show as friends with Fitbits. 

You can also see a list of friends without Fitbits. What happens when you choose them, or manually paste in their email. Do you still get 403 Page not found? 

You could also send them a link to your profile page https://www.fitbit.com/user/4HVD53

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

You might need to get your friends to connect their Facebook accounts. 

Let's however look at email. 

If the email you have for your friends is their Fitbit email. They should show as friends with Fitbits. 

You can also see a list of friends without Fitbits. What happens when you choose them, or manually paste in their email. Do you still get 403 Page not found? 

You could also send them a link to your profile page https://www.fitbit.com/user/4HVD53

Best Answer

How do you send a link to your profile I cant find mine

Best Answer

Through the Fitbit app tap or paste their email in. 

For your profile. Tap your user name by your post, tap "go to profile"

Best Answer

It doesn't work. The platform is completely broken.

Can't add friends via iOS app, or via Email, and also via FB!

They literally just don't care about the community!!!!! 

Best Answer

Ok @theoriginalvp you type a person's email in, then press the +, then what happens. They should be getting an invite from you

I just tried sending an invite

to a second email address 

I received the invite

Screenshot_20210208-090357_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20210208-090835_Gmail.jpg

Through the Contacts I pressed the plus to the right of a contact and they got an invite from me. 

As for Facebook, you have to connect your Fitbit account to your facebook account. Then only your Facebook friends that have their their Fitbit's connected to their Facebook account will show up. 

If you know their Fitbit user name simply type it in and tap the + to the right of their name. 

Note you need their Fitbit user name, not their community name. 

None of the above will add them as friends, but will send an invite out to them letting them know that you want to be friends. This invite contains a link to accept your friend request. 

The absolute way that can not fail is to send them a link to your Fitbit profile

Thislink may be sent anyway that you want. Email, Twitter, text meddsge. 

They may click/tap on the link. Then they tap on add friend, you will get an email that someone wants to be friends. I know this works, because I get these emails several times a week. 

Screenshot_20210208-092800_Chrome.jpg

You send this link https://www.fitbit.com/user/2SS2NX

Best Answer

Also having same problem. But the link to profile seems to work well 👌

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever find a solution to this as I think I have the same problem and support are not helping. I can get friend requests sent to me and are able to accept them, but I can't add my wife both of us have android but I have tried on pc and ios, tried adding through Facebook, going on profile and clicking add, by username, by email, and she received 0 of them

Best Answer
I have not found a solution for it yet. The help support has only told me
everything that I've already tried to do. It was not helpful at all. Adding
by email is the only way I have gotten it to work for me, but it's not
100%, unfortunately. I'm sorry. I hope you have better luck at figuring out
than me!
Best Answer

@Philsc89 what happens when your wife goes to your profile page and taps Add Friend. 

Screenshot_20210404-175755_Chrome.jpg

Best Answer

It changes the button to sent friend request or what ever it says but neither of us receive the invite. Every time I try to send her an invite, no matter what way, it looks like it sends but we never receive it, and we've tried it both ways. 

Best Answer

It says "Friend Added" at the top but we've not been added and it doesn't send a friend request

Best Answer
0 Votes

After she taps Add Friend you should receive an email announcing that a person is requesting to be a friend. This email has a link to accept the friend request. 

Best Answer

I know what should happen, but it does not happen. 🙂

Best Answer

I would contact support. 

Best Answer

I have multiple times, latest they have said is there should be a fix implemented in the next update. So fingers crossed, for when ever the next ones due 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did find a solution, try logging out and logging back in again, seems to work 100% since I did that

Best Answer

Well it is now owned by Google. So....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Skip the whole "Add friend" thing that most forums will guide you to do. Believe me, ive tried and tried again to no avail. I am here to tell you how I made it happen.

1.) Make sure you have your friends email addresses used to sign up for Fitbit. You will need to add the emails to your friend's contact information on your phone.

2.) Close the Fitbit app so that it can "update" your contact list when you reopen it.

3.) Create a challenge (Daily Showdown is preferred as it only lasts for one day).

Creating a challenge will then allow you to invite people to your challenge. Every person who accepts is AUTOMATICALLY added as a friend!

4.) If your friend's email address is registered with Fitbit, your friend will show up under the "Friends with Fitbit" list. Select them to invite them to the challenge.

5.) Your friend should get a notification/email whether or not they want to accept the challenge. Have them accept it and you are now friends with them.

I hope this helps you! 

Best Answer