Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to choose food tracking serving size

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Updated my tracker yesterday evening and this has been a problem since.

I've gone to add some food on the tracker today and I'm unable to choose the serving size.I can input a number but no option to change to grams, serving, oz etc. 

I cannot use the app like this. I specifically use the one on fitbit because it's simple and links with my calories burned. 

Please fix ASAP. The app is up to date and my phone is running the latest android OS.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

SOLVED: I've just realised that on the android app there is still a downward arrow but it is white (and therefor looks invisible). If you click just to the left of where it says the number of calories (and the right of where you can input) the dropdown menu appears. 

Why they figured white would make a great addition I'll never know. Once you've hit the right spot you'll vaguely be able to see it. 

Hope this helps!!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @Tiddytasha, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know which mobile device are you using? When was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then? In the meantime I receive your answers, please try the following steps and let me know if the issue persists:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Reboot your mobile device.
  4. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  5. Login using your account credentials.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to me as well as of yesterday! 

I force stopped the app, uninstalled it, restarted my phone, reinstalled the app and logged in and it STILL doesn't work. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Tried the suggested solution; no change. Called support. The Advocate told me they have dropped the feature. I am most disappointed. Just purchased a Sense to upgrade from my Charge; 4 years using the App successfully. Certainly disappointed 

Best Answer

I have followed your instructions. Serving size selector (e.g. from grams to oz) is still missing. I see an entry below that Fitbit has 'dropped the feature. If that's the case, I want to register my dissatisfaction about this.

Best Answer

I have found that the breakout into ounce, slice, piece still exists. It doesn't show the selected one any longer but if you press where it used to be, the selections will appear. Good news. 

Best Answer

Mister! Edit or delete your post! you posted your phone number!

Best Answer

Thank you for posting this! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get this resolved? Mine is doing it now 🙄 Best thing about it is the serving size isn't even mentioned on items 🤦🏻‍:female_sign: 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone had a solution for this? I've got the same issue and it's maddening!

Best Answer

SOLVED: I've just realised that on the android app there is still a downward arrow but it is white (and therefor looks invisible). If you click just to the left of where it says the number of calories (and the right of where you can input) the dropdown menu appears. 

Why they figured white would make a great addition I'll never know. Once you've hit the right spot you'll vaguely be able to see it. 

Hope this helps!!

Best Answer

2023, and the dropdown arrow is still white on a white background.

You would think someone like FitBit could afford an UI/UX Developer.

Best Answer
0 Votes