Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to complete firmware update with Samsung S8+/Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my Versa yesterday. I read the quicksart guide and put my versa on the charger and downloaded the Fitbit app as instructed. I went through the set up process, including pairing my versa and my phone. The app went to the home screen after I answered all the questions and immediately indicated that there is a firmware update for the versa. I have attempted to install this update several times, and the progress bar never moves even after several hours. My versa still says "to start, download the Fitbit app." If I force stop the app, I can get back to the main screen,but it does not do anything and the versa still says to dow load the app. I have shut down and restarted both devices with no change. Very frustrated. 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @SharonG12, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response and I'm wondering how it goes? Were you able to update the firmware of your Fitbit Versa?

In case the issue persists, are you downloading and installing the firmware with bluetooth or WiFi? Note the firmware version is a large file and take a long time to complete this process. If this is done through the Bluetooth of your phone, will take twice to complete the update. So I recommend to configure a Wifi network in your Fitbit app, so the update can be installed more faster.

This article may provide you some extra help in case the issue still continue: Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

See you around and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to unpair and re-link the watch to the phone and then it worked.Thanks!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes