Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to migrate Fitbit account to Google

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently purchased a Charge 6 for me, and a versa for my daughter, upon setting up the device, using my existing Fitbit profile that I've had for years, it asked me to migrate from Fitbit to google.  

Fine, I'm good with that.  Well, unfortunately, because my account exists as a "family" account, i have to migrate over my daughter's account first - well...  Why not.  This should be easy, since we're all using Gmail accounts anyway, so google should already have most our information.. 

How wrong was I - apparently, since the fitbit accounts use my gmail address, i'm unable to migrate either of my accounts to google, since the email address would be the same, and it doesn't know what to do about it.  I've spent 3 or 4 days trying to get normal functionality out of our watches, but 

dwarfcow_0-1707769392966.png

No #$@% sherlock - I'm trying to migrate to Google's solution, I'm not going to create a new Gmail account just for my watch. Who the hell programed this hot garbage? I'm so frustrated with the absurd user experience, I almost just want to send them all back.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Totally agree.  I had a very similar horrible experience.  I had the Charge 6 tied to my direct Fitbit account - but then all the sudden it stopped syncing (after a few months of use).  So, I removed it and tried to re-add only to be forced to migrate to the Google Account.  I had previously used my Google Account, but at some point switched to my Apple Email because there was an issue adding a new Fitbit to the current account.  Well, now all my data is gone and my account is a mess.  I had contacted Support several times, only to be told the data would sync could take up to 72 hours - then later told that the data is gone and to log into my other account (to which I can't add my Fitbit to).  Not to mention the new app is terrible.... 

Best Answer

Hi there, @jamiefromwi@dwarfcow Welcome on board.

@dwarfcow Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and the screenshot provided. I understand how frustrating it has been for you and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Because this is an unusual behavior, I've contacted our Support team so they can create a case on your behalf. You'll receive an email with more information, keep an eye on your inbox.

@jamiefromwi I appreciate you for sharing these details and working on this matter prior to posting. I just want to make sure that I understand correctly. You have two Fitbit accounts, and one of them is using a gmail address?

If that's correct, what you can do is delete the account that you won't use anymore and wait for the determined time frame until you can migrate your other account to Google. Keep in mind that you can continue using your current account to sync your Fitbit device without having to do the migration process. For more information on how to delete a Fitbit account, please see this help article.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I only have one Fitbit account, it just happens to use my Gmail email
address, somehow that reality causes it to not allow me to sign in using
"Google" and, is screwing with my ability to migrate my daughter's account
as a "child account" within a Fitbit family. I deleted everything on my
end, and set her how with a new account, but I still can't sign in to the
forums using my own Google account. I don't want to delete my primary
account also, it seems like a major oversight.
Best Answer

Hi there, @dwarfcow.

Thanks for replying back with the additional information. I understand your point of view, and that's why I took the initiative to request a case for you. The other suggestions that were provided in this thread were directed to our other member.

I apologize for any confusion this may have caused. Please rest assured that our team will work hard to help you with this matter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi did you manage to finally migrate to Google I am having an issue and get the same error message! I have also been told to delete my Fitbit account and set up a new one but I’m reluctant to do this! Don’t understand why I keep getting the same message as I like yourself only have one Fitbit account it’s obviously a problem with google and Fitbit

Best Answer
The only solution I had was to delete my family members so that I didn't
have any subordinate accounts to migrate. The problem seems to be coming
from having setup a minor account in Fitbit with the same Gmail account one
of the family members ended up using to create a regular un-supervised
account, so the merging process failed every time. After I deleted the
offending family member, the migration worked.
Best Answer
Thank you will give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yea, just wait 7-90 days and maybe it will work. What kind of time frame is that? Fitbit should have figured this out by now, RIDICULOUS.

Best Answer
0 Votes