Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to play Fitbit coach videos

Since Monday when I attempt to play any Fitbit coach videos on android tablet, the screen goes to black and then either returns to selection screen or presents message that Fitbit keeps stopping.  I have tried restarting, logging off and back on, uninstalling and reinstalling, logging off wifi and back on, using Bluetooth connection with phone.  None of these have made a difference.  No other changes have been made to my device which is running Android 10. I have the latest Fitbit update installed. This has only become a problem in last 2 days.  I am still able to stream YouTube videos without any issues, so the problem appears to be with Fitbit software or settings. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced similar problems or has any other possible solutions.

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

I am experiencing exactly the same issues. I have also tried to resolve the problem by doing exactly the same as yourself. I have an Motorola (G7) power Android phone version 10. My problem started on 18/05/2024. I too can stream YouTube videos and agree there has to be a problem with Fitbit software settings with Android version 10 because the coaching videos work on my Samsung Tablet version 12. Hope someone can give some advice on how to fix the issue.

Best Answer

I am having same issue accross both LG phone and 2 Samsung tablets - all of which are running latest version of Fitbit. Any solutions yet?

Best Answer
No solution to the problem as yet. What version of Android are you using on
your devices? Fitbit won't work on my phone which is running Android 10 but
will work on my Samsung Tablet which is running Android 12. I have the
latest version of the Fitbit App on both devices.
>From what is happening with my devices it would seem that the Fitbit App is
not working with Android 10.
My Fitbit watch is a Sense.
Best Answer
I haven't had any luck yet getting fitbit videos to play.

I have been using workout video's from YouTube which are just as good.
Starting to wonder if it's worth paying for Fitbit premium.
Best Answer

I have the same issue on my Android 10 phone (charge 3 device) when I try to access any of the unguided meditation music. This is a serious problem for me because I use particular music from the app to calm my heart rate when it unexpectedly starts racing. The app has been running reliably for years (though I admit I hate the changes Google made which resulted in the separate coach tab) and hope that Google's "improvements" haven't broken it permanently.

Best Answer
I have android 10. Think your correct about not working with android 10.
I can run the videos on another device with android 9.
Best Answer

Note that I do have the latest Fitbit update, the phone is a Samsung Galaxy S9 and I already tried both stopping and restarting the App and rebooting the entire phone. I have tried opening at least half a dozen different videos, including both ones I've used for a long time and ones I've never used before. Same issue on all of them--screen goes black and then returns to the selection screen (or sometimes pops up a message that the app keeps stopping and asks if I want to close it).

Best Answer

Hi I am having same issues with android 10 - will consider cancelling Premium

Best Answer

When you all say the latest version of the app,   is it 4.16  or  4.17 ?

Best Answer
The version of the App I'm using is 4.17.
Best Answer

Yes, 4.17 seems to be when the shenanigans began. Wish I knew how to delete update and go back to 4.16.

Best Answer

Same, will not work with Android phone that's LG, but works with Samsung tablet and diff version. My watch is a Versa 3.

Best Answer

I'm lucky..  I havent been pushed 4.17 yet,  plus I turned off automatic updates for the fitbit app until I know its not full of bugs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried workout videos again this morning.  Whatever the problem was seems to be fixed as all working again now.

Best Answer
Yes🙂!!! I did contact Fitbit customer service and explained the issues. I
was told they would look into it and got back to me explaining how I could
try and fix the problem but by then the issue had resolved itself!!!! I'm
sure it was a glitch with the latest version of the Fitbit App and Android
version 10🙂. All is well at the moment!!!
Best Answer

Hello everyone!

Thanks for your posts about the videos on the Fitbit app. I appreciate you taking the time to explain and share details about the software and hardware environment you are using. It seems it affected Android 10 users only. 

I am happy to read that the situation has been resolved for some of you. Would the rest be so kind to confirm isfthe issue persists? If so, please be so kind to confirm your Android version and the Fitbit app version you have installed. Thank you very much in advance. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
Hi

I can now access coaching videos - I have Android ,10.
I still have an issue not getting sleep scores.

Annette Moorby
Best Answer
0 Votes