Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to setup Charge 3 with Samsung Galaxy A50

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge 3 that has been working fine until a week or so ago. I use it with a Galaxy A50, up to date Android & up to date Fitbit app. The tracker is only about 4 months old.

I woke up one morning & the time was wrong, on investigation I found that it wasn't syncing. I have tried all of the troubleshooting tips - many times. The app can find my tracker but cannot pair. Any suggestions

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Gma333, welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry for the delayed reply. 

First, I'd like to appreciate your effort and patience troubleshooting this situation prior to posting. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check all the information that's specified on: How do I set up my Fitbit device? to check if all the requirements are correctly configured to setup your device. Then, you can move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes.

Keep in mind that the Samsung Galaxy A50 is not listed as a compatible device with our products and services, therefore, you can experience some connection difficulties with it.

I'll be around if you need anything else, please keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
RicardoFitbit, thank you for your reply.
It had been working beautifully since I bought it in August.
Now my Charge3 has stopped working altogether, it was fully charged &
suddenly became unresponsive. Black screen, nothing happens when I press
the button or hold the button for 8 seconds - it appears to have died 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @Gma333, your reply is appreciated.

I'm sorry to see that your Charge 3 is not responding. Can you please let me know if the heart rate sensors are still flashing or is your device completely unresponsive? Since you already tried our restart process, please restart your Fitbit using the 15-second method:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks again RicardoFitbit,
My Charge3 has responded but it still will not pair with my phone
Best Answer
0 Votes