Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to setup Inspire HR with Motorola Moto G8 power

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So on Friday I smashed my old Samsung S6 which had been connected to my Inspire HR FitBit - completely smashed with a black screen that I could do nothing with (although the phone still technically worked - ie it would ring if you called it but no way of answering!).

I ordered a new Moto G8 Power online on Saturday - and amazingly it already arrived yesterday so I set it up as best I could and that included the FitBit app but although it seems to 'see it' - it will not connect.  It gets as far as asking me to put in the 4 digit code that comes up on the FitBit, which I do .... and then it just gets stuck saying 'sorry we taking longer than usual to connect' (or similar words to that effect) but it never does ...

Any thoughts on what might help.  I can't exactly uninstall the app from my previous phone because I cannot get into that phone but that is no longer powered up so would that be the problem??

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @EllyhBelly, welcome to the Community Forums!

First, I'd like to appreciate your effort and patience troubleshooting this situation prior to posting, the details that were shared in your post are really appreciated. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check all the information that's specified on: How do I set up my Fitbit device? to check if all the requirements are correctly configured to setup your device. Then, you can move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. 

I'll be around if you need anything else, please keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Ricardo.  I will try that now and report back on success or lack of it!!  Elly

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ricardo,

I have also just purchased the new Motorola G8 Power and am having the same problem. This is one of Motorolas latest flagship devices and I can't understand why it wont pair. I know I am following all the steps correctly as I tried pairing with my sons iphone and that worked fine. Then I've disconnected from the iphone and forgotten the device and tried the same steps again on my motorola but still no joy.

I have checked and the Motorola G8 Power is not on your supported devices list.

I do hope your team can get this sorted soon as there are going to be many more users like ourselves getting frustrated that our brand new stock android phones can't simply connect to our fitbits.

I would appreciate it if you could flag this with your tech team.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - I never quite fixed it so let me know if you find a solution!  I just was too disorganised to get back to ask for more help ....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried it again recently and it finally has connected so there must have been an update! The problem is resolved now.

Best Answer
0 Votes