Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Sense as heart rate monitor on Strava

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

is it possible to sync my Sense heart rate to Strava or Peloton, or should I have gone Apple Watch route?🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @SunsetRunner 😊 I work wih computers and always chuckle when I see your Fitbit username... Anyway, I believe that @Bignig32 is not looking to sync the activities from Fitbit to Strava. Rather, to allow Strava to access the HR sensor on the Fitbit tracker, which as far as I know, is not supported.

@Bignig32 there are a number of stand-alone HR sensors on the market which are "relatively inexpensive". There are dedicated ECG chest straps, and armband HR monitors from a variety of manufacturers such as Polar, Wahoo, Scoshe, etc. I don't know which ones allow third party services like Strava to access the HR sensor. I happen use a Verity Sense from Polar, which does connect to Strava, RunKeeper, etc.

Not quite what you were hoping for, I'm sure. 

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Bignig32 

To answer your question your  Peloton does not sync with your fitbit Sense. For information on Strava look here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1742.htm?Highlight=Strava

This is a great article on Strava Support that addresses this question: https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034839691-Analyze-your-Performance-with-Heart-Rate-D...

😃 I hope this provides you with the best answer for your question. Please let me know 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SunsetRunner 😊 I work wih computers and always chuckle when I see your Fitbit username... Anyway, I believe that @Bignig32 is not looking to sync the activities from Fitbit to Strava. Rather, to allow Strava to access the HR sensor on the Fitbit tracker, which as far as I know, is not supported.

@Bignig32 there are a number of stand-alone HR sensors on the market which are "relatively inexpensive". There are dedicated ECG chest straps, and armband HR monitors from a variety of manufacturers such as Polar, Wahoo, Scoshe, etc. I don't know which ones allow third party services like Strava to access the HR sensor. I happen use a Verity Sense from Polar, which does connect to Strava, RunKeeper, etc.

Not quite what you were hoping for, I'm sure. 

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer

😃 Thank you @charleskn for the clarification. I should have read the question a bit more closely. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks and yes it was what I was looking for, I don’t like the Apple Watch, shame it’s favored by Peloton and Strava, come on Fitbit allow third party access to the heart rate and retain more customers 

Best Answer