Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Apps While Exercising

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was recently using my FitBit Charge 6, and it detected the Walking Exercise. This is great, and of course expected since that is what my settings are set to do. However, one thing that I noticed while it was in Exercise mode is that I could not use any of the other apps (such as Google Maps). When going for long walks, apps like Google Maps are obviously very important, and if I had to choose between the 2, I would choose Google Maps. I don't know for sure or not (it's kind of hard to test), but another thing that is very important to me is Notifications, because if I am on a walk and someone sends me a text, I want to be notified, so I need the Notifications app to active as well. Is there a way to get to the other apps without finishing the Exercise? Even pausing the Exercise did not let me use the other apps. Having the Exercise app limit me from the other apps makes me very skeptical as to whether I should bother with it or just use the basic data (steps, etc.) Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

You can use Google Maps only and that shouls add the activity. However, there are certain limitations like no map and few others. Better use Google Maps on the phone in my opinion.

Notifications should work during activity.

When tracking activity, no other app can run (YT Music is the only exception).

Best Answer