Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have only had my watch for 4 months but this is a regular problem, have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, turned the watch on and off and unpaired and paired the watch back up several times. Except now it just says device not found. 

From reading through the forum this seems quite a common problem, honestly wish I hadn't bought it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hi @n3lly, welcome to our Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa Lite is not syncing with your phone. I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate the time spent trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

I'd like you to try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. This article contains steps that you already tried but you can skip them and proceed with the rest.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I've been having a different syncing issue with my Versa Lite. When I open the app it will flash an erroneous step count and then I have to refresh again for it to match my watch. For example, this morning I synced and it said I had over 10,000 steps and then when it finished refreshing it showed 917 which was the accurate number. I know it's not showing yesterday's values because I didn't reach 10,000 yesterday. It almost feels like it's syncing with someone else's fitbit and not mine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is fitbit working on solving the syncing issue?

This is beyond ridiculous.  I've had problems for over a week and have got no help to resolve the issue.  Can't even check time on my Versa Lite watch because I am unable to pair again and keep it syncing with my Galaxy S10.  What is the issue and when is it going to be fixed????

Best Answer

Hi @JuanJoFitbit

Thanks for that, I eventually got it sync up with a different device, it took a while before it found the watch and it failed the first time I entered the verification code, but it is now working again! This isn't the first time I've had this problem, and must admit I am expecting it to happen again in the future.

Best Answer
I called support and am getting a replacement of the watch part only.  I am sure hoping the replacement Versa Lite will set up properly and continue to sync; otherwise I give up!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

No, back to square one, no device found when I try to sync.

Fingers crossed the replacement works!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
Thank you!I'm hoping so!!😊

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @clogan624, welcome to our Fitbit forums. Since you mentioned that you need to refresh your Fitbit app in order to show the correct amount of steps, I'd like you to make sure that your phone has the most recent Fitbit app version installed. If the app is up to date, please try logging out of the app, restart your phone, open the app and log in. Finally, monitor the app and see if it shows the correct amount of steps.

@Sparkle7, I'm so glad to hear that our Support team took care of your case and you will be back on track with a replacement unit. Thank you for posting the update here. Don't hesitate to get back if more assistance is needed.

@n3lly, since the issue is happening again, I'd like you to try a factory reset. To do so on your device, follow the steps below:

1. Hold the back button for about 8 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears:
  • Release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds). 
  • Hold the button again until they feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates they initiated the factory reset.
  • Set up your watch from scratch and see if your Versa Lite syncs properly

I'll be around if more assistance is needed guys.

Best Answer

Hi @JuanJoFitbit  I did the factory reset this morning, and it seems to be syncing like normal. Hopefully now it will work properly.

Best Answer

Hi @n3lly, that's great news! I'm glad to hear that your Versa Lite is working properly now. Thank you for posting the update here.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

It stopped syncing again a few days after that last post and I have now bought a new smartwatch from a different company.

Best Answer

Hi @n3lly, thank you for getting back. Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

I'll be around if any question arises.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got my Versa Lite for Christmas 2019 and it has worked perfectly...until now.  I have been experiencing the same issues, have done the same 'fixs' as you have.  I even chatted online with Fitbit, updated my iOS and it worked, only to have to experience the same problem the next day.  I think I'll go back to using my Charge 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @DD14, thank you for joining us in this thread. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa Lite is not syncing either, even though you have tried the recommended troubleshooting steps.

Since you already have a case with our Support team, please contact them with the reference number they provided and they'll be happy to follow up and provide a solution.

I'll be around if any question arises.

Best Answer
0 Votes