Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite stopped auto recognizing my exercises

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm so frustrated! I have updated, restarted, uninstalled, everything. My versa lite used to auto recognize elliptical and treadmill workouts. And about a week ago, it just stopped. A few times it wouldn't even pick up any steps I took. I loved that I could just get on the elliptical and go for as long as I could and it would track it. But not anymore. I am at a lot as to what to do!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @gmksek8199. Welcome to the Forums.

Thanks for letting me know about your Versa Lite, as well for the steps that you've tried prior posting. As you may know, your Versa Lite recognizes your exercises, such as elliptical based on the continuous movement of your arms. Sometimes, motions such as placing your arms on the handles or stopping in the middle of an exercise may interrupt the activity tracking. If you're using a machine with moving handles, I'd recommend to place your arms on them. Also restart your Versa Lite and make sure your activities are longer than the time set in the Fitbit app.

Please note that treadmill doesn't appear in the list of the activities that are recognized by SmartTrack, the feature that allows your Versa Lite to auto-recognized activities. But you can use the exercise app on your Versa Lite to record this activity. You can check help article for more details to add treadmill in the shortcuts list.

Let me know how everything goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Every time I have used the treadmill up until last week it has registered as a walk. And I use the bars on the elliptical, so that's not the issue either

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @gmksek8199. Thanks for getting back.

While you may have seen your treadmill activities recorded as walk, there isn't a guarantee that it'll always happen as "Treadmill" isn't part of the SmartTrack activities. That being said, since you didn't mention it, please try restarting your Versa Lite and make sure your activities last longer than the time set in the Fitbit app. This way your Fitbit device will recognize your elliptical activity and sync it in the Fitbit app.

Please give it a try and let me know the outcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa lite has stopped picking up my elliptical  and steps

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa lite only recognizes my exercises (elliptical) sometimes.  I have restarted my Fitbit and it is still not working properly.  I checked the app, and made sure that I am exercising longer than the setting.  It shows active minutes, but it doesn’t show my exercises.  Please help.

P.S.  I always use the arms on the elliptical.

Best Answer
0 Votes