Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't sync or update to my Android phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just a regular versa and recieved it from my sister back in October. It was working fine until it started doing what everyone else is doing on January 24. But I also have the problem where it wont let me update it. I thought that may be the cause of why my fitbit wont sync? When I try to update it, it says that it failed it showed suggestions like be close to your router, or try resetting your phone, or delete the app and get it again. There were times when it did start updating but then when it "finished" it would be installing for 20 minutes straight and then it would say fail. I have tried everything. I have even tried updated the firmware and that didnt work as well. I'm not sure if this is a different problem then anyone else but just thought I'd share.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Myproplemo, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa before posting here.

Before anything else, I'd like you to make sure that the mobile phone you're using is included here Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported and does not meet the require OS we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

For troubleshooting steps, please see Why won't my Fitbit device sync? Also, note that due to the syncing difficulties at this time you won't be able to update your watch. 

If the steps don't work, note our team is aware of a syncing issue on Andriod 3.37 and is currently working on a fix. Thank you very much for your report and patience. Please stay tuned to this thread for updates. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @Myproplemo, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa before posting here.

Before anything else, I'd like you to make sure that the mobile phone you're using is included here Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported and does not meet the require OS we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

For troubleshooting steps, please see Why won't my Fitbit device sync? Also, note that due to the syncing difficulties at this time you won't be able to update your watch. 

If the steps don't work, note our team is aware of a syncing issue on Andriod 3.37 and is currently working on a fix. Thank you very much for your report and patience. Please stay tuned to this thread for updates. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer