Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wallet won't let me add my card

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got my new Fitbit Versa 2 for Christmas and the wallet won't let me add my card. I have Bank of America so the bank should be fine but I get the same error that it's can't verify my card details with my bank. I've restarted and reinstalled everything. No luck. Suggestions? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Letiacg. Welcome to the Forums!

I'm glad that you got a Versa 2 and thanks for the steps tried on your own. I know how you're feeling about this experience and thanks for verifying that your back appears in the supported banks list. Since the process isn't working correctly, I'd recommend to try the following steps in the given order:

1. Restart your Versa 2 and reboot your phone.
  2. Turn off and on the Bluetooth on your phone. 
  3. On your phone's settings tap on Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  4. Go back one screen and tap on force stop.
  5. If possible, use another strong internet connection.

If the issue persists, please provide me with the following to look into this:

• Were you trying the steps described in this help article to set up Fitbit Pay?
  • Did you see an error message on the Fitbit app? If so, please take a screenshot and attach it in your reply.
  • Is your phone using a passcode? For Fitbit Pay to work, your phone needs to use a passcode.

I'll look forward to your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

LizzyFitbit_0-1577471871050.png

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer

That is the screenshot of the error I get. I am using a passcode and did follow those instructions to add the card to my wallet. I have restarted both my phone and Fitbit multiple times, as well as restarting Bluetooth and trying a different network (wifi vs. mobile). Nothing works. Same error. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got it to work finally! 

Best Answer

Hi @Letiacg. Thanks for keeping me updated and for the screenshot provided.

That's fantastic news and I'm glad that you were able to set Fitbit Pay correctly. You did a good job and in case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Discussion Board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Happy Holidays! 🎄

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have loaded my card onto the the fit bit app on my phone and it shows it there and verified but when i try to access it on my versa 2 it say wallet not set up i have tried restart 3 time no luck 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This DOES NOT WORK!!  Google Pay works fine with the card on my phone, worked with Fitbit Pay, and worked on Wear OS. My bank is USAA which isnt some odd ball credit card company.  I am certin this is a Google Wallet/Fitbit issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes