Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Intake not Synced between website and app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have input water intake both through the app and through the fitbit website and they are not syncing. I logged 72oz on Friday and the app is showing 56oz while the website is showing correctly at 72oz. Same with today. My app is showing 16oz vs online showing 60oz.

Any thoughts, ideas, bugs???

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @iwildman, I saw this is your first post, so let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thank you for bring this issue to my attention, I looked for reports to confirm if this is a bug, but so far there is no details, so I can say this is not a bug.

Make sure your Fitbit app has the correct unit configuration. I tried to replicate the issue and my water entry was showing incorrectly due to the general unit configuration was different from the unit I was selecting. You can review this in the Water intake tile by going to the gear icon in the right upper corner.

If the previous is not reason or is not helping to resolve the issue, try to reset your app:

Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try to make a new entry in your water intake to compare with your online Dashboard.

Keep me posted how it goes, I'll be around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi there @iwildman, I saw this is your first post, so let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thank you for bring this issue to my attention, I looked for reports to confirm if this is a bug, but so far there is no details, so I can say this is not a bug.

Make sure your Fitbit app has the correct unit configuration. I tried to replicate the issue and my water entry was showing incorrectly due to the general unit configuration was different from the unit I was selecting. You can review this in the Water intake tile by going to the gear icon in the right upper corner.

If the previous is not reason or is not helping to resolve the issue, try to reset your app:

Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try to make a new entry in your water intake to compare with your online Dashboard.

Keep me posted how it goes, I'll be around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Logging out and force stopping the app seemed to do the trick! Thanks!

Best Answer

Hello

this thing is still broken

The water log syncs only once the cache is cleared. 

Then later it again never syncs from fitbit.com though the reverse happens i.e from app to fitbit.com server.

Best Answer

I have noticed this, every day on the website it is showing i have reached my drinking goal, but the app doesn't reflect this ever?

Best Answer

I've noticed this too, and restarting/relogging/reinstalling the app has had no effect.

I've found a temporary workaround. It's very manual, but it works.

In order to manually sync the app with the website, I click on the water module in the app, and then click on each day, which will pull up the log history. This will then sync that day's water with the website. 

Best Answer

Here it is March 2022 and the problem STILL exists!

Can't development fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes