Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 06/20/17: Weekly sleep average incorrect in 2.49

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 06/20/2017: Hey everyone -- As this has been reported as resolved with the Fitbit app update, version 2.51 I am closing this thread.

If you come across any other instances of this in the future, please create a new thread and use this one as a reference. Thanks to everyone who reported this! 

Fitbit Update 06/14/2017: The new Android app release 2.51 fixed this issue with the weekly sleep averages not adding up correctly. Please update to the latest version and check out this post here for more information about the changes in this release. 

Fitbit Update 05/22/2017: Some users have reported that their weekly sleep average is incorrectly calculated since the update to the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.49.

Our Android team is aware of this issue and working to get this resolved ASAP. As soon as I hear of an update for this I will make sure to update everyone in this thread. Thanks for taking the time to report the issue and share your screenshots. More to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update 06/14/2017: The new Android app release 2.51 fixed this issue with the weekly sleep averages not adding up correctly. Please update to the latest version and check out this post here for more information about the changes in this release. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Hi,

I've noticed the weekly sleep average means "average per day", since it does the proper calculation for that when you sleep twice in a day.

Due to the nature of my work, I've found that it doesn't take in account the days you don't sleep.

sleep

14+2+3 = 19

19/4 = 4.75

19/3 = 6.33

I would love if you could forward this to the developers, so the correct average per day can be implemented, since tacking my sleep time is  my principal health concern.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Hello @CGA, thank you for joining to the Fitbit Community. Also thank you for bring your concerns about the average of sleep to my attention.

I would like to ask if you can share again the picture of your post, since it's broken. This will allow me to have a closer look.

Your average sleep time works for the sleep entries you have logged on your account. If there a day where you have more than one log, the total time time will be also average per day and is included in the weekly average for your previous history.

See you around. If you have more questions just let me know.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I've reuploaded to a different service, these are the two links

http://imgur.com/qUbFhQW

https://ibb.co/cai71F

I hope this clarifies the issue.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, just this week the app on my android started showing very different weekly average sleep information than my other devices. Screenshots below.

AndroidAndroid screenshotAndroid screenshotMacbook Air screenshotMacbook Air screenshot

Best Answer

Hi,

Till last week the weekly sleep average used to show ok.  But suddenly it has updated historical as well as current sleep averages wrong.  I have uploaded the image of this week. Likewise, it is showing wrong average for historical weeks as well.   Can someone help to fix tge bug and apply the patch?  Thanks..  Screenshot_2017-05-19-10-01-16-06.png

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @SunsetRunner and thanks for the attachments. Have you checked if your app is updated? If you haven't, I recommend following the instructions provided in the How do I update my Android Fitbit app? post.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
My app is current.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit app is the latest version. Not the problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

100% the same problem from this week/ last update! Only on android weekly sleep average calculation is broke!

Best Answer

Same for me.  On version 2.49 of app on Android.  Updated yesterday and sleep averages all over the place.

Best Answer

This exact same problem has been happening to me since last update

Best Answer

All of my sleep averages are wildly incorrect now, too. This is a very recent bug since I just noticed it today. Here is a screen shot of the current week. It appears to be averaging the total time slept by the number of entries (counting short naps as another day) rather than dividing by the number of days. What programming intern did that?

Screenshot_20170520-204203.png

Best Answer

Hi,

Indeed recently my android app was updated and I have the same bug. Naps are not considered as part of the daily sleep for calculating the weekly average but as an entirely new sleep day. As a result my weekly average is very low. The weekly average is correct on the fitbit website though.

Best Answer

FYI for the folks that brought up the sleep average issue (where the app is now showing the average per sleep session as opposed to the average per day) - there is a separate thread that somebody started regarding that issue:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Weekly-sleep-average-instead-of-sleep-session-av...

Best Answer

Took a nap and this happened. My sleep average is screwed up also

Fitbiterror.png

Best Answer

Hey everyone -- If you're still experiencing this issue with weekly sleep averages inside the Fitbit for Android app, please know our team is aware and already working on a fix. Thanks for reporting this and bringing it to our attention.

For future updates on this issue, please refer back to this post here. I will update that post once we get any new information. 

@MrQ50 The screenshot you provided is another separate issue affecting the sleep tile inside the Fitbit for Android app. This is also being investigated by our team. Thanks for the screenshot!  

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@AlessFitbit Hi - please be aware its not just the Andriod App it is also the Website on a desktop PC (ie fitbit connect) - many thanks (not everyone uses the mobile app - especially now fitbit have removed the old dashboard) the new format is not user friendly and lacks the information of the old one

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

I'm facing a different issue with sleep on my app. Today was the first day I used the blaze and when I woke up to check the sleeping stats every time I tapped on today's and come out of it there would be another "today" stat there and it would keep making duplicates every time I tapped it. I tried deleting the duplicates but when I did it deleted all of them :S 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same issue, my weekly sleep log is not adding up correctly. Each day is correct. It has also changed my sleep log history for all of the past weeks.

Best Answer