Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you think of the new format for Fitbit notification messages?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Do you like the new format that shows the step count difference when someone sends you a message?Do you like the new format that shows the step count difference when someone sends you a message?

When someone cheers you or sends a message now the messages show in bold font that the sender is ahead of you or behind you in steps. In my opinion if someone is cheering me I don't think they'd want to advertise how far ahead they are in front of me. On the other side if I cheer someone I don't want to boldly have the message show how I'm leaving them in the dust. This does not seem particularly encouraging. I like the Fitbit website format that shows the number of steps someone is ahead of you without having to piggyback on a message to do that. In otherwords don't lump the two things together in the Fitbit app when you send a message. If anything I would appreciate this info more on the Friends List. Right now I believe the line up shows the stepper's total weekly steps compared to everyone on the list including you. This weekly stat lineup is not as engaging as the website which shows you step comparisons each time a friend on your list syncs their steps. That is less static than the current friends list format and allows you to see this info without having to see it on a notification. This new format to me seems almost like a taunt when the system automatically posts the step count difference on it. What do you think- love it or hate it or doesn't make a difference to you?

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@MzPWhere I live, cultural it can be seen as bullying.. See this link in the Dash Board Forum..

@MzP wrote:

Do you like the new format that shows the step count difference when someone sends you a message?Do you like the new format that shows the step count difference when someone sends you a message?

When someone cheers you or sends a message now the messages show in bold font that the sender is ahead of you or behind you in steps. In my opinion if someone is cheering me I don't think they'd want to advertise how far ahead they are in front of me. On the other side if I cheer someone I don't want to boldly have the message show how I'm leaving them in the dust. This does not seem particularly encouraging. I like the Fitbit website format that shows the number of steps someone is ahead of you without having to piggyback on a message to do that. In otherwords don't lump the two things together in the Fitbit app when you send a message. If anything I would appreciate this info more on the Friends List. Right now I believe the line up shows the stepper's total weekly steps compared to everyone on the list including you. This weekly stat lineup is not as engaging as the website which shows you step comparisons each time a friend on your list syncs their steps. That is less static than the current friends list format and allows you to see this info without having to see it on a notification. This new format to me seems almost like a taunt when the system automatically posts the step count difference on it. What do you think- love it or hate it or doesn't make a difference to you?

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @Colinm39 for cross referencing this for sure is a problem for me and this needs to be resolved. This is not a great “feature” at all. Way too in your face and so confusing if folks don’t know what this is about that it’s computer generated and not initiated by the person sending the cheer! And then to find out this is perhaps just happening to Android users or non-Apple product usersRobot Frustrated so maddenning! Fitbit go back to the way the cheers used to appear. They can post this info on the general friends list perhaps when you click on each user or off to the side. The website itself does a better job in showing when folks are ahead or when u pass them throughout the day as people sync.

Best Answer

@MzP Thanks for sharing your feedback here on the forums! @CarlosCFitbit has provided an update here in the other thread with this same topic. To prevent duplicate conversations, I'm going to close this thread. If there are any other thoughts you'd like to share, please continue the discussion there. Thanks for your understanding! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer