Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does "Link Fitbit with Blaze" do?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

With the last Android update, I now get a pop-up asking "Link Fitbit with Blaze". Sync and everything else is working fine without it. I keep canceling the window as I don't know what it does.

I have searched the forums and help without success. Can someone tell me what happens if I select OK?

Thank you and have a Terrific day!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Goosse1962 and @Rich_Laue!

@Goosse1962 It is okay for you press on 'OK'. It will stop the persistent notification. This will keep you connected to your Blaze as long as it is in range.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Can a screen shot be posted, if your Blaze shows up in your Fitbit account I would think it is linked already .

Where do you see this popup? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the screen shot.

Screenshot_20180323-183452.png

It makes no sense as my Blaze shows up in my account.

Thank you and have a Terrific day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well happens when you hit OK? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't hit OK as I don't know what it does. I don't like allowing the unknown as it sometimes causes issues or security breaches. If I don't find an answer in the forums in a few days I will contact Fitbit support.

Have a Terrific day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Goosse1962 and @Rich_Laue!

@Goosse1962 It is okay for you press on 'OK'. It will stop the persistent notification. This will keep you connected to your Blaze as long as it is in range.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit,

It already stays connected when in range. It also reconnects when returning to within range. So I don't see the purpose. If all it does is nothing more than what the app already does, than what it the purpose?

Will this be another step to go through when I swap my Blazes?

Thank you for responding and saving me the time of contacting support.

Have a Terrific day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Goosse1962.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the trackers usually reconnect and stay connected within range. This message you are getting is sort of a confirmation of that. It will not affect any of the functionality, nor will it cause any issues when you change your Fitbit for another. 

I understand that it seems pointless, our team is aware of this. I'd recommend to confirm it as it will not be dangerous or affect the functionality. 

Feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit,

I clicked OK when I responded to your message and set it as the solution. I am responding in part to clarify that. The other reason for the response is to clarify the change to another Fitbit.

I have a second Blaze that I swap a few times a year. The main purpose is as a backup on failure so that I don't need to go without a tracker if I sent it in. Although it it isn't as much of a problem now, I remember my first tracker, a Fitbit One, failed to connect after the first update. I was told that a fix would be worked on and might be in the next monthly update. Not wanting to wait, I upgraded to a Surge. Having a second Blaze is also handy a few times a year when I bathing time over several days isn't enough to keep it charged. I didn't like being active while it was on the charger.

When I go through the replace process, I need to go through restoring settings, such as the exercise list, as well as clearing acknowledgments and 'new' elements such as heart health. I take it that after the replace process, this will be one more item to clear.

If I thought that there were enough of us using two of the same tracker, I would submit a suggestion to improve the replace process or to handle identical trackers. However, I suspect that I am one of a very few in this situation.

Thank you for your solution and have a Terrific day!

Best Answer

@Goosse1962 even with two or more different model of trackers on an account I noticed that the settings are not shared but each has to be set up individualy. 

Best Answer

Hey @Goosse1962 and @Rich_Laue.

@Goosse1962 Thanks for that clarification and your in-depth post about your situation with two trackers. I'd say that creating the suggestion is well worth a try. Maybe you do find some people like you, or simply people that'd like an easier time when setting up a replacement. Who knows. 

If you do, maybe you could share the link in here. In case some users stumble upon this thread and find that suggestion in here.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes