Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to download older version of the Fitbit app?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Where can one download a reliable older version of the application from a trusted source? 

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Tried to post a link with example that looked legit and uploaded by fitbit, but it won't allow me to post the link, got 'using the_name_of_that_website is against rules' message, so I assume it's not ok to use it 😕

Best Answer

Hello @Blazhevic, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for your second post. Let me share with you that we do not recommend our users to download a previous version of the Fitbit app from external sources because we cannot guarantee that the external source is secure and that it will not harm your mobile device. We only recommend our users to download the app directly from the iOS app store or the Google PlayStore if you're using an Android phone, this is also the reason why the link posted on your post was automatically removed.

On the other hand, can you please let me know why do you want to download a previous version? Are you having an issue with the current one? Which phone are you using? If you're having an issue, please share with me as many details you can so I can further investigate and assist you.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ricardo,

It's not about what phone or system I'm using (all the latest), and it all already answered in other threads, with no solution at all, but going back  to an older version. Not to mention, if you run through recent topics, syncing is the issue for weeks already, and it's not about particular phone or device. No "troubleshooting", no tips, NOTHING HELPS. And after factory reset you can't even set up the device back from a scratch. It's a brick sitting on my desk now.

So back to the topic, I can easily google and download/install older a_p_k  from a third party website, but I don't feel like it, as you've mentioned because of security concerns, which is paramount to me, as I use (used to use before they updated the app and "fixed the bugs") watch for payments in particular. So the question is is there the source where you can get legit older version from Fitbit, and be sure it's by Fitbit, not altered or anything.

Thanks,

Henry

p.s. please don't send generic "troubleshooting" and other tips links, they just don't work, and we are at the point beyond irritation on this.

Best Answer

Hey, I am now in the same place that Blazhevic was in last year. Because I have a slightly older phone now but I did have the current version of the app at that time. I had to reset the password yesterday and it would not let me log back on and after many failed attempts at logging out, force stopping, clearing caches, and uninstalling my new password was not working. So the IT chat person said that I had to install version 3.52, which is great... but where do you find this without going to some strange website that I am not sure about and don't want to be downloading into my phone. 

I am now waiting for an email with some other person up the food chain to advise me further... 

Its so frustrating, my phone is 2.5 years old, I don't want to be getting a new phone every couple of years to be able to have my fitbit working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand your pain. The two most reliable and safe.repository are ...mirror.com and ...pure.com however the Fitbit app is not available. It seem thay Fitbit,.for some reasons, is very active to have its app removed.

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer

Thanks @Dopovo, it just seems very counter intuitive if you cant download the older versions from Fitbit themselves and I don't want to get a new fitbit watch because it still wont work with my phone and I dont need to buy a new phone but if I did I may swap to the apple - Iphone watch even though I like the android versions but it may be the answer. 

Best Answer