Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I have to choose between HR data or a map on a walk....

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When taking excercise (Walk) I am faced with having to choose between having HR data or mapping data. This is crazy. If I start the activity on the watch I get HR data but no mapping or distance travelled. If I start it on the app I get full mapping but no HR data. This seems crazy. Both sets of date are/can be captured. I'm also certain it used to give you both. Am I going crazy or has it recently changed? I just don't see what's stopping both sets of data being provided. Thanks

(I'm using a charge 3 on a Samsung A50)

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@lfgalvao 

The feature, available a couple of years ago, has been removed by Fitbit for some unspecified reasons.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Your Charge 3 has the ability to track your walk with gps and heart rate

When using the fit bit app, it is assumed that the user doesn't have the phone with them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Rich. Totally get that. Whenever I'm excercising (in this case walking) I am wearing the Fitbit and have my phone with me (with GPS enabled).

As per my original post I can only however get one set of data (mapping or HR) depending on where I start the tracking. I cannot get combined data. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well then let's figure out what is not happening.

If the gps is enabled for the exercise the tracker should connect to your phones gps. Confirmation will show on the Charge 3. 

Does the weather app work on the charge 3?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, yes the weather app is working fine. 

For info when I activate the "walk" in the app the heart zone data shows as "Not enough heart rate data is available" in the finished exercise data. The HR side of things is definitely working though as my live HR and resting HR is showing in the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes we are aware that when using the app, heart rate will not be seen. 

If you want gps plus a heart rate you will need to start the exercise on your wrist. I put link to instructions above. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rich, that's my point. As per my first post - when I start it on my wrist I get no mapping ( i.e no GPS). I only get HR data. I can only have one or the other but not both which is crazy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And my thought is let's figure out why, but we need to get more info on your phone model. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As per earlier post I'm using a Samsung A50.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you looked at the android tips

Also I have found that after starting the exercise on the wrist, a phone restart usually works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I've been through all the normal stuff. I have no issues with synchronisation etc.

One question.... Do location access permissions need to be set to always on? Until now it has only been on while using the app. I don't believe this used to be the case and I'd rather not now need Fitbit to have permanent location access. 

Appreciate a restart may help but it really is not a fix to have to restart the device every time you start an activity that you want both HR and mapping on. Is this a known issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You should be able to set the location services to turn on with the gps app. 

If you want the tracker to connect to the phones GPS then the Fitbit app, back ground process needs to have access to location services. 

If your setting only turns on location services while the Fitbit dashboard is on, then gps may fail. 

Really the only way to answer your question is to give the Fitbit app full time permission to location services and try it. 

The Fitbit app will only use gps when it is needed to track an exercise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me, the problem is that I prefer to track using the app, so that I can get audio cues on my headphones. But doing that, I don't get the HR from the versa 3, which is crazy. The versa is tracking my HR the whole day, why can't it sync the HR time period to that of the fitbit app that's tracking the exercise, so I could get a time framed HR for my exercise?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lfgalvao 

The feature, available a couple of years ago, has been removed by Fitbit for some unspecified reasons.

Best Answer