Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't connect to my new smartphone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got a new phone and my sense won't connect. I've turned phone off/on, Bluetooth off/on, checked for updates (everything is up to date) and restarted my sense multiple times. Half time it doesn't even see my sense unless I just restarted it and when I go to pair it just times out. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Which Phone Brand and Model?

OS version number?

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer

Hi @KewlAid83 - this is quite a common issue with a new phone if the watch is not unpaired with the old phone and it is still on.  It may be trying to reconnect with it. 

After you fixed the old phone issue, remove the Bluetooth entries for the watch on the new phone, logout of the Fitbit App and restart both watch and phone.

Login to the app and go to the phone home screen without closing the app.

Click on the sync popup and wait for the pair and link prompts, then sync.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

@Guy_ @LokeAa Thanks for your help. 

@KewlAid83 Welcome to the forums. I will gladly help you sync your device with your new smartphone.

Thanks for the explanation and what you have tried so far. Since the Fitbit device is already linked to your account, please try the following. Go to your old smarthphone and under the Bluetooth settings, remove or delete it from the list. Then proceed to turn off the Bluetooth on the old device. You can then go to your new smartphone and open the Fitbit app. As long as Bluetooth is enabled, the app should start looking for your device. Please note that the connection over the Bleutooth settings is not gonna work. Connections are established via the Fitbit app only. 

I also recommend the following article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?. Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I will have to try factory resetting it from an app bc the screen is broke and I can't see to do anything on it it's just a black screen

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sense 2 maybe but thinking sense 3 for some reason lol I honestly forget tbh lmao 🤣😂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KewlAid83  - if you factory reset and you can't see the connection number (because screen won't work) that's the end of the device.

However if you do replace it, both Versa 2, 3 and Sense can be had quite cheaply compared to the Sense 2 which is more expensive and has less features.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes