Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't connect to Samsung Galaxy j3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Cannot receive text message alerts on Samsung Galaxy j3 is anyone else having this problem with Alta? Have tried everything
Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

I have been syncing Alta HR successfully to my j3 as well,  since January 16, 2018. HOWEVER, I have not turned off my cell phone since then, because I am afraid it will stop syncing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there.  The same happened to me and my Galaxy J3 (2016).  My Alta HR stopped syncing about 6 days ago, I think possibly after a phone software update.  I tried everything and yesterday contacted Fitbit customer support.  Was on live chat for one hour with "Michael" who was helpful.  The outcome is that my phone is not supported (although it worked fine for 6 months).  They are sending me a new Fitbit Alta HR but with no guarantee that it will work.  Looks like I will have to get a new phone. Grrrrrr!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi HelenSeery, 

I spoke to a very helpful man in customer services and they sent me a wireless dongle thing for my computer. When it arrived, after 2 days, I followed the instructions they gave me and now I can sync through my computer,  with all the information coming up on my phone when I open the app. The phone is working just as it did, I just can't sync through it. I just have to be in the vicinity of the computer for it to sync, I don't even have to open the fitbit dashboard.  

I'm not sure why they are sending you a new fitbit if it's the syncing that's a problem as you need this dongle thing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the response.  Will look into this.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My alta HR stopped syncing with the phone a week ago - similar to reports above. No joy from customer services despite informing them of the make/model of phone I have. Strange how it has managed to do so for almost a year and now is a problem. I tried to find out when the last software update happened incase it's related to that but to no avail. 

It should be made more obvious at point of purchase that not all android devices are supported!! These things aren't cheap and like others reporting here, I won't be due a new phone for a year.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. Sorry to hear that you are also experiencing problems and I agree completely. I understand that you can get a special dongle that allows you to sync through your computer. If my replacement does not work then  I shall pursue this option.
What concerns me is that if I change my phone, after a period of time, that too could stop syncing!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed my phone in September when I got my Fitbit as the phone I had was about 10 years old. As the Samsung J3 was on the app I presumed all was ok, and it was for 6 months. Mine definitely stopped working after the phone updated so this may be your problem too. It's odd that the customer services were not helpful, as they were to HelenSeery and myself. The dongle has sorted me out!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe phone back and talk to a different customer service person!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
A good idea.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like we're all in the same boat. 

I've emailed customer service - need to find out about the dongle thing! Maybe that's the only way forward.

So it's likely that a software update is the problem therefore it's possible the same could happen with any phone??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any phone that's not officially compatible I suppose. I don't know how you find out which ones are though as I would have thought that being able to download the app and it working meant it was compatible!  Probably only iphones are and I really don't want one of them! Anyway, mine is working fine with the dongle.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. That is my concern too. Keep me informed and I will let you know how I get on with my replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
There is a list of compatible phones on the fitbit site.  Whenter I bought the fitbit I didn't give my phone a thought. How niaive.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The possibility of non-compatibility isn't flagged up when you purchase which in my opinion it should be. No reason the prospective customer couldn't be automatically directed to the device compatibility list prior to being able to purchase. Not everyone will think of looking for this issue. I certainly didn't and they do say their products can work with android.

I had a quick reply from customer service. They are going to send a dongle - we'll see how that goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good. Let us know how it goes. I have an old tablet - an Alcatel one touch and I added the fitbit app and it is now syncing on that. How long for it don't know as it is not on the list. We'll see.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you try resetting the phone back to factory default settings?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Why do you believe this helps while whole community reports the issue with J3 @entrophy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Because when my phone was brand new from the factory,   the FitBit syncing worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, now I got the point that the issue might be samsung soft itself.

Best Answer
0 Votes