Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't connect to Samsung Galaxy j3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Cannot receive text message alerts on Samsung Galaxy j3 is anyone else having this problem with Alta? Have tried everything
Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

Thanks for your feedback @IanEvans. Welcome to the forums! As I was looking for updates, it seems like the Galaxy J3 isn't a supported device yet.

Please note that our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices listso keep an eye open for updates!

Catch you later

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My son's J3 has worked with his Fitbit zip for a year. Now, all of a sudden, it won't sync. Other phones can see the Zip, so it does work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's not true. My fit bit flex connected to my Samsung j3 until last Sunday night. The phone updated by itself and I haven't been able to sync  since. Have tried everything.

Best Answer

I have used Fitbit Charge for 6 months, synched to my Galaxy J3. I loved it. The Charge fell apart. Then i bought a Flex. I also synched to my Galaxy J3 and it worked perfectly until At&T did updates last Sunday night. I am having withdrawls! I miss my Fitbit! 

Best Answer
This is similar to my experience with my son's J3. There is a list of Samsung phones that are newly authorized to sync with the Fitbit. This makes me think that the changes they made for those phones messed up the J3

Sent from Kathy's Digital Assistant
Best Answer

for some unknown,  my fibit one stopped syncing with my Samsung Galaxy J3 around Aug 2,  otherwise it use to work.  Something changed,  either Samsung or Fitbit app. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

@KatGee @Sondrasue @Katgrab @entrophy thanks for reporting this. It definitely sounds odd since the Samsung Galaxy J3 isn't in the list of supported devices. However, Fitbit is always testing and adding new devices to this list. Keep an eye on it!

In the meantime, remember you can use your computers to sync your trackers. Click here for instructions. Good luck! Smiley Happy

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I can see that the issue of a fitbit and the samsung galaxy J3 has been going on for a couple of years!

i have been using my fitbit flex 2 happily with the J3 for three weeks and then suddenly stopped synching.

What I don't understand is how it can work, and then suddenly not?

have fit bit made an update in the past day or two?

is there anything that can be done to remedy this.  You said it had been tested, what was the outcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bought my Samsung J3 back in November,  Fitbit worked everyday, then around  August 02,  Fitbit stopped working on the Samsng J3,   so somebody changed something.  I suspect it is the software,  probably a protocol modification somewhere.  Fitbit still works on the old phone, Samsung S4  (old phone used as a mini-tablet).

Best Answer

I have an old Samsung galaxy ace 4 - in the list of compatible devices it lists samsung galaxy ace style.

Does anyone know if they are the same thing?

Could go back to that old phone?!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Forgot,  I have a Fitbit One,  just in case anybody was wondering what type of fitbit I am using with the Samsung J3 and S4

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Mothers Samsung Galaxy j3 suddently started syncing with the flex several months and is continuing to work fine. How is this possible if it isnt a supported device?

Best Answer

@entrophy @CheshE thanks for  getting back to me. Sorry if there has been any confusion here; I meant they're always testing new devices and adding them to the list when ready. If the device isn't listed then it means it's not compatible yet. Thanks for your understanding!

@Smiller05 thanks for reporting this! Does she have the latest version of the Fitbit app? Do let me know. Smiley Happy If this is the case, let me know so that I can take a deeper look into this. 

Looking forward to your new comments! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
As far as I know she has the latest version

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yea its messed up I had it working with my j3perfectly yesterday morning after playing around and learning it I wanted to reset it all started over so talked to a rep she deleted my whole account saying I could use the same info shortly after ward and when I did all that over now it gets rejected but yet it pairs and sends a code n yada yada and boom won't linc up now at all just keeps sending me back to add a device so yea I say its poor excuse of phone capatabilty ...because it worked fine till they deleted my account n since then it not doing nothing ...I just caught this phone a week ago n this fit bit was a christmas present ..bothers me is it worked fine when I initially sent it up

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hotrrod76 welcome aboard! Thanks for your report about this. I wanted to step back into this thread and inform you that Samsung Galaxy J3 is not yet listed as compatible on fitbit.com/devices and that is the reason why some of you have been having difficulties syncing or setting up your devices to your Samsung Galaxy J3's. Therefore, some or all functionalities may or may not always work at a 100%.

If possible, try setting up or sync via a device listed as supported or using a computer. Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

See you around guys. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Jan 06, 2018:  Update on my Fitbit One and the Samsung J3 phone.

Back in November 2017,  4 events took place.  1)Samsung downloaded an update the OS on the J3,  2)AT&T (my carrier and provider of the phone) downloaded an update to their software on the J3.  3) Fitbit downloaded a software upgrade to my Fitbit One,  4) the Fitbit One application was upgraded (automatic download).

I was running the Fitbit application on my AZSUS tablet after the failure of the J3 to work with the Fitbit ) One,  on the AZSUS tablet I keep getting "Bluetooth" errors,  but ii kepts on working after re-starting the "Bluetooth".   First week of Jan,  I removed the FitBit application from the tablet and re-installed the application on the Samsung J3.  So far it has been working fairly well with an occasion  "Bluetooth" error.  Suspect this is same problem with the tablet  - Bluetooth protocol.

So,  now I have the FitBit application back on the Samsung J3, with the occasionally "restart Bluetooth" error.  It syncs with my FitBit One so at this moment i will leave as is until it fails again on the Samsung J3.

One item of note,  my other Samsung S4,  the Fitbit worked w/o problems,  phone provider is Verizon,.  do not know if the carries who provides the phone would make a difference.

Happy New Year!

Best Answer

Woooooooooo Hoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!  This gives me hope! Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it right  even the fitbit altra won't  work with the  Samsung j3

@bobbiev wrote:
Cannot receive text message alerts on Samsung Galaxy j3 is anyone else having this problem with Alta? Have tried everything

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have used my Fitbit alta hr with my Samsung Galaxy J3 2016 with no problems since the beginning of September. On Thursday the 'phone did an update and the fitbit hasn't synced since. I don't have any other devices that I can sync it on and I can't upgrade my 'phone for 18 months. Furious. 

Best Answer
0 Votes