Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't connect to Samsung Galaxy j3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Cannot receive text message alerts on Samsung Galaxy j3 is anyone else having this problem with Alta? Have tried everything
Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

Ok, now I got the point that the issue might be phone soft itself.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Samsung Galaxy J3 users, I was reading all your posts and have appreciate all the feedback provided about the compatibility of the Fitbit app with this phone. 

The Samsung Galaxy J3 has all the hardware requirements to be a supported device but is currently not on our list of supported devices. This means that we have not tested it for compatibility and added it to the list yet. With not compatible devices many factors can caused difficulties at the moment to sync as it was mentioned before by my friend @MariamV.

As an alternative, despite I know is not the best solution. I suggest setting up using a computer in the meantime.

Rest assure the Fitbit app is compatible with more than 200 Apple, Android, and Windows 10 phones and tablets. We're continually adding more devices and improving our compatibility for the convenience of our users.

See you later and once again thank you for all your comments.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Because of an accident I could not use my Fitbit Flex2 for 3 months. Before my accident I had no problems with FitBit syncing etc. Charged my FitBit and expected to be back on track without any problem. I have a Samsung J3 (6) mobile. Now looking at mobile compatibility I find my J3 is not compatible. How can this be?

Best Answer

I have been disputing this for the past few days. They are saying my phone is not compatible yet it has worked fine until the latest updates were installed 

Best Answer

That's exactly what I found.  It stopped syncing after the last phone software update. Fitbit sent me a dongle for the computer which works fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoMEwrote:

Rest assure the Fitbit app is compatible with more than 200 Apple, Android, and Windows 10 phones and tablets. We're continually adding more devices and improving our compatibility for the convenience of our users.

That's a lie. You should be completely aware of the fact that almost no android model on the compatibility list is on the market. Only 3 android models from 2016 or 2017 are present!

Best Answer

Thank you for that information. I will not be buying a new phone just to connect to Fitbit. I am disappointed but have now set up my Fitbit with my tablet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi very disappointed with Fitbit but will continue to use on my tablet. Annoyed that it used to work and continued to work on my Samsung J3 6 for 12 months and then nothing. 

Best Answer

luca85 - thank you for noting that - proves fitbit ain't interested. They already got our custom. 

Best Answer

Received the fitbit dongle for syncing with the pc. It works but it's inconvenient and cumbersome. A bit of poor substitute for being able to use the phone.

Best Answer
Hi. My phone has started syncing again!! Have received the replacement fitbit but I am reluctant to change over.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONETOUCH POP 7S
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ooh did you do anything or did it just start syncing by itself?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think there was another software update.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@HelenSeery syncing occasionally worked, but how about notification. Does it work?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just checked and no, doesn't work. Hadn't noticed that.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So.......the dongle for connection to the pc has worked twice and is now not working. Useless!!!!!

Best Answer

Then why sell a product that was compatible with samsung galaxy j3 a month ago for it to then stop working? I paid a lot of money for my alta HR and now it doesnt sync.

Ive done the bluetooth troubleshooting

Uninstal and install app

3 clicks on the usb lead button

Restarting phone

It no longer syncs. 

Best Answer
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I have given up with Samsung and now use my Fitbit connected to my tablet. Still having one or two problems syncing but just having to persevere.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am just syncing through my computer but I can do everything else on the phone eg.  Check active minutes, sleep etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes