Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit app not syncing correctly or is syncing weirdly

ANSWERED

Okay I am going to try and explain this as best I can. My device is a versa 3. on my versa 3 it will show that it is connected to my phone. yet when I click on the app it starts to sync but then says it can't. When I check on my device it will show the not connected to phone. but when I exit out of the app my device will show it is connected. but I go back in and it has the same problem. Now I find it will still sync because everything is current on there just still weird. I did the hold the button on my versa 3 till it restarted and I even cleared out cache (Not data cache don't want to lose everything.) I also restarted my phone. and it still be weird.

{Update} as I was typing this I went through my google play app to see if anything needed updating and seven things did (Fitbit was not on the list) The last item for updating said google play services I don't know if this is connected to this in anyway. However, I updated all 7 things and everything seems to be fine for now. I don't know if that is connected or not but I will let you know if it happens again. It is always my thing to try the basic troubleshooting (Minus logging out since in the past people had done that and couldn't log back in and minus clearing cache data.) Then I come here to see if others had the same problem before I make a thread or do anything that might make things worse.

Thank you for reading this have a lovely day.

Oh and the dashboard on the PC version is blank again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Newfitkitty 

I saw a Moderator post confirming that they were doing maintenance yesterday (19 Apr 2024) which is why we all had issues with syncing.

Glad to see that syncing has gone back to normal for you.

I've seen other users report that when they clear their browser's cookies & cache, they are able to see their data in the Fitbit.com dashboard. I checked mine today (20 Apr 2024) and my data is visible. BTW, I'm using Firefox as my browser to see my Fitbit.com dashboard.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Newfitkitty 

I saw a Moderator post confirming that they were doing maintenance yesterday (19 Apr 2024) which is why we all had issues with syncing.

Glad to see that syncing has gone back to normal for you.

I've seen other users report that when they clear their browser's cookies & cache, they are able to see their data in the Fitbit.com dashboard. I checked mine today (20 Apr 2024) and my data is visible. BTW, I'm using Firefox as my browser to see my Fitbit.com dashboard.

Best Answer

thanks. I wish they had away that they could put a notice in our apps of when they doing something like that. Sure they can't plan for ones that might be a last minute maintenance but for maybe planned ones that would be nice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Newfitkitty 

I agree that having a notice about maintenance would have been helpful.

In the past, they have used a banner at the top of the community forums to notify users when the call center is overwhelmed. I think there was one when there was a server issue/outage.

Hopefully, they will at least use forum banners in the future when they plan maintenance. So if there's any issue, we know it's not our app or devices.

Best Answer

That is why I went and made a suggestion in the right forum on here. I seen so many people get screwed over worse when there wasn't any notice on here and they did what we all would or did at one time or another. Log out and back in and had that made things for us worse because then couldn't log back in until the maintenance was done.

Best Answer