Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P9 & Lite Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a surge paired to a Huawei p8. I have tried all the different fixes listed in various forums. I have notification on in the all on my phone set to Huawei contacts. I have notifications on on my surge. I get absolutely nothing. Anyone with a P8 solved this problem. I have later Android and fitbit versions.

Moderator edit: edited title for compatibility

Best Answer
565 REPLIES 565

so what is the time frame for them sorting this issue out? as device is pointless if it doesnt sync with me P9 lite. which I do feel the sales staff should have informed us.

Am let down to say the least with me Birthday present. 

Best Answer

Hi @ClaireEwing

Well I did get this sorted in a roundabout way.  The P9 is not supported at this time, so won't connect to the device.  Plus I had a faulty unit which has been replaced.  Eventually, I bought a bluetooth 4 dongle off Amazon and connected it to my PC. This now allows me to update and sync to my PC in the evening and monitor my progress over time.  What this does not allow me to do is receive notifications, etc. on my device from my phone (as it isn't seeing it).   Interestingly a colleague has a One Plus 3 with their stock Android and that works perfectly.   I'm keeping the Charge 2 as I work out a fair bit and like to track heart rate, etc. Hopefully, the Huawei P9 will be supported in the near future as they roll out support.

Cheers

Graham

Best Answer

I have just connected the standard P9 to the charge 2 and it is now updating, maybe it is just a problem with the Lite version?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @Willer. Our team is hard working in testing the compatibility of several phones. I recommend keeping an eye on our list of compatible mobile devices for any update. In the meantime, keep in mind that you can sync your tracker with a computer or compatible device. If you haven't paired the Fitbit, follow the setup procedure from a computer.

Catch you later. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

*Update*

P9 standard seems to be working fine without any problems at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Alejandra! I very much hope Fitbit solves this soon, cause I can't
be carrying my computer around all day for syncing and keeping track of my
activity..
Best Answer
Hi all,

Thanks very much for all the comments. Yes, I did try my Fitbit Alta with a
P9 and everything works fine, including phone notifications. Unfortunately,
not with my P9 lite. I get random updates, e.g. Battery level of my Fitbit
but other than that, nothing.

It quits be great if Fitbit support could give a timeframe for the
compatibility tests.

Agus
Best Answer

Hi all.

Also have p9 lite, and cant sync charge2. Writed to support, and it seems that fitbit dont know nothing about new devices support, the only solution is suggested to check compatible device list every day 😄 Buying flagman watch for 150 euros, and it doesnt work...

Best Answer

Hi @Willer!

I have been frustrated with the same problem for the past 2 weeks since I got my Flex 2 (my first Fitbit!). I didn't realize until I already had it that the Huawei P9 Lite wasn't yet supported. 

I decided to keep my Flex 2 & set it up with my computer. I've been mostly syncing at the end of the day and in the morning.

Today I decided to try again and for some reason it is now connected and syncing :).

I don't know if this will be helpful for you, but I did the following on my P9 Lite:

-turned my bluetooth back on

-Settings>Bluetooth>Visibility set to: "Visible to all nearby Bluetooth devices".

(you will not see the Flex 2 in the list of devices)

-Settings>Advanced>Location access

Access my location = on

Use GPS, Wi-Fi, and mobile networks

(I read a few forums that suggested this)

I also opened the the app and tried to add it as a device again (I said to replace the Flex 2 that is already there). It kept asking me to try again. One time it said "connected" but it didn't prompt me further. I gave up... but left bluetooth on. When I checked a few hours later... it's connected and syncing to my phone! I checked my account on my computer to be sure everything is really logged, and it looks good.  Hopefully it will still keep working! I'll let you know.

@AlejandraFitbit It will still be better to have it as an officially supported device!!

Best Answer

Hi @ClaireEwing, I hope you are doing great! Answering your questions, no, Fitbit doesn't have an specific date to release the Huawei P9 Lite as a compatible device, but please keep an aye on the compatible devices list and keep trying to sync. It could work before it'll be posted on the list. 

@GrahamS1 In the meantime, keep syncing with your computer or if you have a compatible mobile device, you can do that. 

@Agus and @AddyRazz, thanks for the update! I didn't know that the Huawei P9 standard version is working. That means that it won't take too long for our developers to make the P9 Lite a compatible model. 

@Segtukas I will appreciate your patience into this! And as I mentioned, you can keep trying to sync your tracker and checking the compatible devices list. 

I will really appreciate your understanding guys! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
Hi

thanks for response, I swopped my fit bit for a polar which works both with my phone and PC without having to purchase additional cables.

Claire
Best Answer

I have been using it on the standard P9 for 5 days now and it syncs perfectly 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, I've recently purchased a blaze but can't get it to pair or update the trackwr software, I've tried everything. Has anyone else had the same problem. Thanks in advance 😊

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use an Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML (the 4/64 version). I never had an issue.

However when I get a Zenfone 3 ZS570KL (6/64), I wonder if I'll have the setup issues. Probably not. Probably have to repair the trackers though. 

Owns both an Alta and a Blaze. Crew Commissioner for the LSPD (Los Santos Poilce Crew) in Grand Theft Auto Online (Xbox One). CEO of 666 Industries (Grand Theft Auto Online). Addicted to Member Berries.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ClaireEwing! Thanks for that update. I haven't heard much about the Polar, but I hope you enjoy that device. Smiley Happy

@AddyRazz, sounds great that you can sync with the normal version of the Huawei P9. I hope that the Lite version will be available as a compatible device so soon. Man Very Happy

If you have questions guys, let me know! 

Best Answer

Hi there guys @dantheman1985 @Driver8666, good to see you in the Community! 🙂

I was just checking the list of compatible devices and it seems that your phone is not compatible. It seems that the Huawei Ascend P8 is compatible but not the Huawei P8 Lite so that must be the reason why you've not been able to get your tracker to pair.

For being able to see the list of compatible devices, you can click here.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi folks,

Just thought I'd reply on this to keep the interest going, had an Alta that wouldn't connect to my P9 lite and now have a Charge 2 with the same issue. Fortunately for the time being syncing the Charge 2 with the Alta's dongle, but would be great to get real-time updates on my phone and use notifications.

Hope the compatability devs smile kindly on us soon. 

Regards,

Peter

Best Answer
Hi Peter,

Many thanks for your comment. Yeh, really looking forward to be able to use
all the features again, especially live updates from the Alta and phone
notifications.

Cheers,
Agus
Best Answer
Hi @LMAntibes thanks for your tip!! Ive been trying but haven't been lucky 😕

People at Fitbit, it is so disappointing that you take so long to support cellphones... and that you go on forums saying "oh, well, use another device.."... Amazing customer service..
Best Answer

Hey @PeterMJ, welcome to the Community! So currently, you are only syncing with your computer, right? Well, I would also like this phone to be compatible, so I can sync whenever and wherever I want to, but we can only wait for this model to be compatible, so fingers crossed! Oh! and also phone and text notifications as @Agus mentioned, would be great if we can use them with this Huawei. Smiley Happy 

Let me know if you have further comments guys! 

Best Answer