Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new android widget.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
When it's 1x1 I can see the number of steps. But if I make it any bigger the number disappears.
Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Hi,

Not sure what the rationale was to remove the 4x2 widget from the app, but the new 2x2 widget is not cutting it. I need to resize it to half the screen to see the step total number because the number of steps appears below the "graph" as opposed to next to it.  Is there an option to move the steps number to a different location? As it stands, this widget went from one I used constantly to completely removed.

Why remove widgets instead of just adding the new ones and leaving current (and perfectly working) widgets alone?

Best Answer
I agree. I realized this morning that my widget was gone. Neither of the 2 available widgets display steps. I loved that feature and now I'm not using any fitbit widgets. I hope this is temporary and Fitbit will bring it back
Best Answer

I agree. I would love to know what the rationale was for removing the number of steps. Liked the widget as it was and can't stand this one

Best Answer

Okay so figured out you have make the  widget huge and the steps show up. Horrible implementation. I really don't get why they replaced a good widget with one so poorly designed. I don't want my widget to have take up 1/3 of my screen just to see the steps smh

Best Answer
0 Votes

My widget is 2x2 shows the steps both by a circle and with numbers underneath. Likes it better than the old one that was 2x4. Sony z5. Try make it bigger then resize widget back to 2x2.

Screenshot_20160330-235102.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine only shows steps by number when it's 2x2 or bigger
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oddness, I'm now getting steps in 1x1 and 3x3, but not 2x2.

Sent from my Huawei Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Riocaz@Tao75@TheSmokey@Meganta@webrn Glad you guys found the new primary goal resizable widget! 

The widget is dependent on your phone's display sizing preferences to decide whether it will only show the progress bar or the progress bar along with a numerical value of your primary goal. As you guys can see from my screenshots, my Note 5 displays only the progress bar when I am on 1x1 but also adds a numerical value when I enlarge it to 2x2.

Screenshot_2016-04-01-11-33-02.pngScreenshot_2016-04-01-11-32-45.png 

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Your implementation doesn't work...

1x1 gives an unreadable number and graphic.
2x2 gives no number and graphic.
3x3 gives a number and graphic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't seem to get a "nice" graphic like yours. It just has to be so big to give any usable information that it becomes, oddly enough, unusable. Below, here's the widget shown with no steps.

Screenshot_2016-04-05-09-00-47.png

This is how big the widget has to be to display steps:

Screenshot_2016-04-05-09-01-03.png

Before, when it was 2x4, at least it fit on my front page between other banner sized widgets, such as my weather app, MyFitnessPal and my music app. Now it doesn't fit in at all.

My main point is, when deciding on adding new things like this, that's what should happen; add more options. Don't delete every other option. Most people like choice. Now my choice has become "gigantic ugly widget" or "no widget at all". And because of the size I have to choose to get any information, it's become no widget at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Riocaz @TheSmokey @webrn @Meganta What phone make and model do you have? I'm currently relaying your feedback to our Android Team. That would be useful. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry I should've put that in my previous message.

HUAWEI: Y635-L01

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. The widget shows up fine but I
literally have to blow it up to half of my devices screen to get it to show
the steps. Not a huge deal just annoying.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Riocaz Thank you! I will be forwarding that info to our Android team who is interested in the feedback.

@webrn Can you share the exact size that it needs to be before you see any numbers? 2x2? 3x2? etc. That should be some useful feedback that I'd like to share with our team.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I have the same issue with my LG G3.  I use Nova launcher for my home screen and it doesn't matter what size grid (number of rows/columns) I use.... I still end up with a massive widget, if I want to have number of steps displayed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After lots of messing about I seem to have resolved the problem.... have the desktop grid set to 9 rows by 11 columns, in Nova launcher, and then set the widget size to 1 row by 4 columns. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes