Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Editing not supported for this photo" error

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

From the Fitbit app, when I go to add a profile pic an error message appears saying "editing not supported for this photo" 

It does this with all the pictures from my phone. Is there a way around this? Am I doing something wrong?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Hey same problem here. I'm using Inspire 2 on Pixel 2xl

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue. Versa 3, Pixel 4. Clearly there's some issue with Fitbit regarding the file format of the images taken on the Pixel - just a shame that they also clearly have no interest in correcting the issue, given how long this thread has been going for 😞

Best Answer

I'm old and technologically impaired.  How did you do this exactly?  Where in Fitbit.com?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think this is a Pixel issue, not Fitbit. Pixel has the same issue with other apps. I suspect you can re-save the pic using a different editor.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, but thanks for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
So I should not use Google photos, correct?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem(pixel 3a). Turns out all I had to do was compress the picture to be below 3mb. I also uploaded online instead of the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the pixel 4 and I'm having the same issue

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to just upload the background picture not the individual one
that is square even though it was 2 mb
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have a Pixel, so never faced this issue, it's definitely related to the phone, not the app. I tend not to use the fitbit editing as much nowadays cause I've found a new way of getting the effect that I love. I've been really into instant photography lately and I discovered my new passion by mistake when I took one of those one-use film cameras which was a black and white one. Again, I took it by mistake, I wanted colored ones. Later when I found out they were black and white I found this site https://imagecolorizer.com that colorizes them and I love the effect it brings to pictures. It's the only way I do it now.

Best Answer
0 Votes