Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Female Health" tile appeared, but I'm male! (Android App)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

While I'm sure I can delete it again, I'm wondering why the "Female Health" tile has automatically appeared today in my Android App?  I am clearly "male" in my profile!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It appeared for me the moment I updated to App 2.72.. A feature they included in this App.. Just delete it..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

It appeared for me the moment I updated to App 2.72.. A feature they included in this App.. Just delete it..

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Colin - done.  My post was a little tongue-in-cheek 🙂  As FitBit ask for your gender in your profile, I'd have thought they would have referred to that before automatically inserting the Female Health tile in the App!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jean_Luc  Yes, I would have thought that a logical option... That's coming from a very retired IT professional...

@Jean_Luc wrote:

Thanks Colin - done.  My post was a little tongue-in-cheek 🙂  As FitBit ask for your gender in your profile, I'd have thought they would have referred to that before automatically inserting the Female Health tile in the App!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Slightly baffling why they bother asking the gender question if they don't use it?

"Charles,

We can help you track your period."

No i don't think so...

Best Answer

Perhaps this is so those females who are identifying as male don't get left out. 

Things are just so complicated now. 

Is it offensive to have a female health option without a corresponding male one ?

Best Answer

I am facing the exact same situation as the problem reported. I didn't understand this 'Solution'.

Even my Android app version is 2.72 (checked in Account --> Help). I went to Google Play Store & don't see any update available on this app.

So I didn't understand the statement 'Just delete it'. Delete what?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Delete the tile 

Best Answer

Ahh! I feel so silly ..

But it's silly of the app too, to force (male) users to do this!

Anyways, thanks for that info.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not offensive - I actually think this is a great idea.

But I also think it makes very little sense to not even include a question in the setup about whether one menstruates.  On Fitbit's side, I can't think they don't track adoption rates for their new features, and this seems like rather a key datapoint on understanding what could make this feature better/more useful for their community.  On the user side, it would be somewhat less confusing if you tapped on it and the first or second thing it asked was (1) are you biologically male and (2) if not, do you still menstruate?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe so you can track your female partner so you know when it is not safe to say things like "those pants look kinda tight"!

Best Answer

I've been trying to delete it but it shows up every time I open the app!   More than a little annoying! 

Best Answer
0 Votes