Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Oops looks like there's no internet connection" when accessing Fitbit Gallery

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am getting super frustrated with this. I was getting the same screen on my Samsung s8. I have factory reset my phone and my Fitbit sense which was brand new at the time that I got this error message. Only a few months old. I updated the firmware I factory reset my sense. Now I'm using a brand new Samsung s20. Same problem I'm not using a vpn. I'm not using any sort of AD blocker. I'm not using any of that stuff. I actually do it for Apple for a living so I know about how to find vpns and all that stuff in cell phone settings and trust me I have not downloaded

Screenshot_20220311-215315_Fitbit.jpg

any third party apps for vpns or ad blockers. I'd like to know what the hell is going on because I actually paid for silver watch faces that I now can no longer use. I have tried all the solutions that I have been able to find online and to no avail have I been able to fix this. I've contacted Fitbit and they just shrug their shoulders and we're like well sorry to say you're out of luck. I'm ticked off and frustrated that this isn't working. Fitbit needs to get the **ahem** together and figure this out. There are way too many people having this issue for it to be on our end. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Omg. I am super tech savvy (I do IT for Apple for example for a living) and have checked VPN settings in my Samsung S8 (before it died) and I didn't see this.... 

I never caught this in my Samsung S8. Idk how I saw this now my S20. But when I went to connection, more connection, VPN, there was nothing. BUT right below that was DNS setting and it was turned in to Private DNS. I turned it off and NOW I can access the Gallery on my Fitbit app in my Samsung S20.

I will NEVER understand why cell phone companies put these stupid things in phones. Even *I* know you're more likely to get hacked in your computer than you phone. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🤦🏻‍:female_sign:🤦🏻‍:female_sign:🤦🏻‍:female_sign:🤦🏻‍:female_sign:

Screenshot_20220312-033623_Settings.jpg

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @JenniferHS  - did you check this link? No internet connection 

An S20 may have certain protections builtin [possibly private DNS] which need to be disabled.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Omg. I am super tech savvy (I do IT for Apple for example for a living) and have checked VPN settings in my Samsung S8 (before it died) and I didn't see this.... 

I never caught this in my Samsung S8. Idk how I saw this now my S20. But when I went to connection, more connection, VPN, there was nothing. BUT right below that was DNS setting and it was turned in to Private DNS. I turned it off and NOW I can access the Gallery on my Fitbit app in my Samsung S20.

I will NEVER understand why cell phone companies put these stupid things in phones. Even *I* know you're more likely to get hacked in your computer than you phone. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🤦🏻‍:female_sign:🤦🏻‍:female_sign:🤦🏻‍:female_sign:🤦🏻‍:female_sign:

Screenshot_20220312-033623_Settings.jpg

Best Answer

@JenniferHS  - thanks for the feedback, I enjoyed your response, glad it helped.

Best Answer

@Guy_ Thanks so much for your help!

@JenniferHS Nice to see you here again in the forums. Thanks for the complete explanation of your whole situation with the Fitbit app gallery. I am glad that everything is fine now. This happens when one has either a VPN, an AdBlocker or the Private DNS set up. I am glad you were able to find the settings on your smartphone.

Hope you have fun with Fitbit. Regards!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's the weird thing. I didn't have that private DNS adguard thing in my Samsung S8 it's a much older phone though. I did notice it when I went back and was looking at the vpn on my Samsung S20 FE. Because I was like "let me check my vpn". And the only reason I knew to check that was because I do IT for Apple from home and I'm constantly getting calls from people saying that they can't access certain sites or do certain things on their iPhones and iPads and that's one of the first things I check with them, is if they have a VPN installed. And they're always saying "oh no no I don't have one". And then I screen share with them and see "well yeah you do it's right there". So I need to check that in the connection setting. And of course there was nothing there because I didn't install one. But that's when I saw right underneath it the private DNS ad guard one. And I was like "wait a second, that wasn't on my S8 why is this here?" I'm so glad that I was able to track that down with the help of some fellow fitbitters here! 😁

Best Answer

@JenniferHS Thanks for your help and the detailed explanation.

You are right, I would have said the same "I do not have any installed". However, new smartphones have these implemented. I really appreciate the screenshot above and your help. Keep it up. 

Have a nice day!

Best Answer

Tyvm for this!  I have the S21+ and couldn't access the Apps store at all.  After 2 days of searching the web, YouTube & TT, this was the only answer/solution that worked.  

Best Answer

@Littles813 Welcome to the forums. Thanks for your post regarding the app gallery on the Fitbit app. I am glad to read that you were able to find the solution here. 

Kudos to JenniferHS. I wish you a lot of fun with Fitbit. Stay stafe!

Best Answer

So glad that I was able to help! 

Yeah I spent HOURS youubing and googling this until I wasn bleubin the face. I'm glad I was able to help you out! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I spent HOURS youubing and googling this until I wasn bleubin the face. I'm glad I was able to help you out! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the same error but for a different reason. I use the ad-blocker pihole and while the rest of the Fitbit app works find with it running, the Gallery not so much. I had to whitelist the following domains before it would open. All are apparently trackers. 

logx.optimizely.com
app-measurement.com
www.google-analytics.com

Best Answer

Hi @ckran - did you find this link? No internet connection 

Thanks for the specific addresses.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all!

I have had this issue again and a few months ago, I did everything as per the below, I didn't have any adblockers, VPN or similiar. I do remember having same issue a few months back and I used twitter support to help me - in the end it worked for me by turning offf wifi and using phone data. Not ideal, but it saved me going insane by troubleshooting, rebooting and resetting everything...

I have raised this to fitbit support as well - good luck all! 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes