Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add a second user to my Aria 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am trying to add a second user to my Aria 2. I invite them to join on the fitbit app but then nothing happens. Where should the invite appear on my second users app?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I think it goes directly to their email and not the app. Have them check that, and if it's not in the inbox, have them check the Spam folder. The email address needs to be the same as their Fitbit email or else it won't work.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
66 REPLIES 66

I think it goes directly to their email and not the app. Have them check that, and if it's not in the inbox, have them check the Spam folder. The email address needs to be the same as their Fitbit email or else it won't work.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@MattDavies95 Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! I would like to follow up and would like to know if the second user could be added to the Aria 2 after following @DramaQueenDiva's workaround. As she mentioned, the invite goes to the email inbox.

In addition, I want to share the Aria 2 manual so you can get familiar with all its features and get the most out of it.

See you both later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I am having the same issue, my husband received the email invite, and selects option to join, then the app opens and nothing happens. Help? 

Best Answer

@Jfish2606 Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that your husband can't be added after he accepted the invitation. I would like to know a couple of details that will help me to determine the cause of the issue: Are you the primary user of the Aria scale? Is your husband accepting the invitation from your phone or from his own? Does your husband have a Fitbit account?

Please ask him to try from a computer in order to accept the email invitation. After he accepts the invitation from the email inbox, he'll be asked to log in with his Fitbit account.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Yay!!! It worked from the computer!!! Thank you! 

Best Answer

@Jfish2606 I'm so glad to hear that your husband could accept the invitation and already joined your Aria scale! Thanks for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Aria 2 set up fine for me.  But when trying to add my husband, the email is not being sent.  Yes, it is the email to his Fitbit account.  Yes, we've checked junkmail.  Yes, I've tried logging in on a computer vs. using my phone and inviting him from there.  The email will not send so there is no way to accept the invitation.  Any ideas?

Best Answer

Hi, joing this thread as we are having same issue. He got invite, had to go to desktop to be able to accept it (otherwise from phone it said logged in user not invited). Now when he weighs himself he shows up as a guest on my app, nothing shows on his at all. I am the primary and yes, he has his own account, Help?

Best Answer

@djmfam It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! When you enter his email address and send the invitation, do you get any error message or does the page say if the invitation was sent successfully? Please have your husband to check his web-based Dashboard and see if the notifications section appears the invitation.

@Not_ur_mom It's great to see you too in the Community! I'd like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if you were able to add him as a user on your Aria scale.

See you both later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I enter his email and submit from the dashboard, it simply says at the top "email sent".  If I resend invitation, it says "email resent".  No particular error or anything.  We've checked for an email and checked the junk mail....no message.  We also checked for notifications from his dashboard on a computer.  No notifications either.

Best Answer

@JuanJoFitbit @djmfam we finally ended up making him primary user and he sent me an invite. Still having some connection issues sometimes, like he will weigh himself and then it won't show on his app all day, (thinking it may be his phone?) And then appear later in the evening. Now it doesn't show BMI for either of us on the scale, we have to go check the app. I guess that's how it's going to have to work for us. Thank

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nail on the head!  if you're having problems adding another user to your Aria 2 get the person to accept your invite on a computer.  For some reason, it doesn't work when you accept through your phone.  I found once I logged into my Fitbit account online via my computer (desktop/laptop), and accepted the invite on my computer, it connected up perfectly! It asked me to choose a logo and i was able to weigh myself and it logged it on my phone.  Thank for the help her 

Best Answer
0 Votes

We've done that. The request never goes through. From being logged in on a computer, there is no where to accept the invitation.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: content 

Best Answer

oh no that's annoying!  is it that you don't receive an invitation at all?  The invitation should be in the person you invited email.  if not it may sound like there's a problem and you may need to get in contact fitbit directly.  The only other suggestion I could come up with is to delete the aria 2 from your app, uninstall the app, then reinstall app and re-add the aria 2 device to your account.  Most annoying i know but sometimes uninstalling apps help fix glitches. 

Just had a thought also.  instead of inviting someone from the friend list have you tried typing in your partner/friend email address manually, just in case there is an error in the email address.  Just a thought as i kno it must be very frustrating

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks lexi83, yes, I have done that as well. It's not a huge deal. I'm the primary user and it works for me fine. My husband can still use it, he will just have to manually enter his info if he chooses.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: content 

Best Answer

OK.  I've also just read that it could be the email server stopping the email from coming in.  So some have suggested adding this email messages-noreply@fitbit.com to your address book (which is the email address that will send the invite). Fitbit ought to look into this though as it seems to be a common error or some.  It's an expensive product and should just work.  Anything I do find in regards to fixing the error I'll post anyway. Hope it works out

Best Answer

I can’t stand that this issue is considered “solved”!!! It’s not.  We’ve been on the phone with support several times, had to return the first and now our current Aria 2 won’t allow 2 users... the invite should work on a phone and through the app period. 

No wonder their stock tanked.

Best Answer

@JuanJoFitbit perhaps you can help some of these issues above in regards to not being able to add a second user to the Aria 2 scales. It seems that they've tried the ones on here such as deleting the app reinstalling the app, removing users re-adding, doing it on a computer, checked spam all sorts.  I think for some reason some are not even receiving the invitation even though its the email address they have attached to their Fitbit accounts.  Might be worth having a look through, as it's an expensive device as it is and if it says it will add up to 8 users it should do as it says. 

One of the users make a good point though you should be able to accept invites via your mobile, you shouldn't need a desktop/laptop to accept invite.  

Hope the issue can actually fully get solved for everyone who is having problems 

Best Answer
Same problem for us, too!
Best Answer