Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 - Error 1 Message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I set up my Aria 2 but it's giving me an error message every time I try to weight myself.  I get the feet icon on, then stepping off a few times then it displays 'Error' and then '1'.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there- Error 1 means you have been stepping on your scale a bit too long after the weigh-in was completed. When you see the footprints move backward, you should step off. For more information on Aria 2 error messages see this article: What does the error message on my scale mean? 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
57 REPLIES 57

Mine is doing the same thing.  Shouldn’t it pair with My Bluetooth also?  Mines not doing that either 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem.  Had to take the scale off of the Fitbit app on my phone and set it up on DH's phone.  I can now weigh but it sees me as a guest.  I have to manually assign the weight to me in my app now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

First and foremost,

Im so GLAD i bought the Phillips Body + a couple weeks back after I got bored of waiting. Plus the scale works with my fitbit app anyway.

Now I had a SIMILAR issue with my Phillips, it was because the scale needed updating, the first time setting it up, I managed to skip the update part. Are you guys sure its updated or doesn't need updating?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same error on mine. What's the deal?

Best Answer

Hi there- Error 1 means you have been stepping on your scale a bit too long after the weigh-in was completed. When you see the footprints move backward, you should step off. For more information on Aria 2 error messages see this article: What does the error message on my scale mean? 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Just got my scale had the error message. If they would bother to put instructions we wouldn’t have to search on how to use. 

This solved my problem.

Best Answer

@Metnvette Welcome to the Fitbit forums! I really appreciate your feedback. This info will be sent to our team and I'm glad to hear that the problem was resolved.

I'd like you to take a look and participate in our Discussions board where you'll be able to tell your stories, meet people and start your own topics.

Hope to see you around the Community more often! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's weird that Fitbit seems to abhor the concept of providing any instructions with their scales - I've just bought an Aria 2 and am trying to figure it out what the display graphics mean.  The Fitbit app doesn't help at all - I have to search in the Internet to figure out how to use it, set it up, and what the little graphics means.  I like the Fitbit products but sometime they are hard to use.

Best Answer

@EdmundC It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I appreciate your feedback and I'm happy to assist you with your inquiries about what the graphics mean and how to set up your scale. Please follow the setup process as described in the video that contains this help article. Also, I would like to share the Aria 2 manual so you can get the most out of the scale and check out all its features. This includes the information about the graphics that the display shows.

Let me know if you have additional questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks - it all seems to be working now.  I just think that Fitbit's users would be happier if there was a simple "How get get going" sheet in with each scale.  Posting this stuff online is fine but when you are trying to get the scale setup a simple set of instructions that you can read without having to search for online would be a big help.

Best Answer

@EdmundC I'm so glad to hear that your Aria is working properly now. Thank you for posting the update here!

You're definitely right. I'll forward your feedback to the rest of our team since this helps us to keep improving our products and services. I'd like to share the Aria 2 manual so you can know all its features and you can get the most out of it.

Don't hesitate to get back if you have additional questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

This is pretty stupid, it should tell you to get off the scale, feet moving backwards would make the average person think their feet are not placed correctly.  Annoying that i wasted 10 minutes with errors then had to do a google search!  But its working fine now, still, logic behind that is dumb especially when its a new scale, how about the brochure tell you that you need to step off, which it doesn't say anything about that.

Best Answer

@Tommy_Bayshore I totally understand your frustration about this. Thank you so much for your feedback. I'll send this info to our team since this helps us to keep improving.

I'd like to share the Aria 2 manual so you can review the scale features and get the most out of it.

Let me know if more assistance is needed! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I felt the same way originally - I'm glad that I'm not the only one in the same boat initially.  On the bright side however, now that everyone at home knows what those little animations mean, the Aria 2 scale is working flawlessly - it's just one of those learning curves and once you're up to speed it's no big deal at all.

Best Answer

@EdmundC You are totally right! As you mentioned, the learning curves may take some time. However, I'm very glad to hear that your Aria is working great and you are enjoying its functions.

See you around my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

The link to the Aria 2 manual doesn't mention anything about getting off when feet move backwards, and the manual that is part of my FitBit app says to stand on the scale until weight, body fat % & the personal icon I selected appear on the scale, so the manuals need to be updated. 

Best Answer

@Timanti Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I truly appreciate your feedback about the instruction in the manual. I'll forward your feedback to our team since this helps us to keep improving.

Don't hesitate to get back if you need any assistance and I'll be happy to assist.

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Timanti You are very welcome!

Have you heard about our Discussions board? In this board you'll be able to tell your stories, meet more people and start your own topics.

I'l be around if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes