Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 Keeps Disappearing from my Fitbit Ionic Device List

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm using a Samsung S7 Edge with the Fitbit App.

I get the Aria 2 setup and functioning correctly.

When I go into my Fitbit profile and look at the device list I see both my Ionic and the Aria 2.

All is good at this point.

Some hours later however when I go to use the Aria 2 it doesn't recognize me and indicates I'm a Guest, when I go to my Fitbit device list the Aria 2 is no longer there.

This has now occurred multiple times, can't get past it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

@RickL77, you say "This has now occurred multiple times", does that mean that at other times it does appear on the app? Is the Aria 2 being moved between times?  Is it at a location where it gets a good WiFi signal?

Best Answer

@USAF-Larry It appears in the App device list after I have completed the setup of the Aria 2 and when the Aria 2 is functioning correctly. When I say multiple times I mean I have to re-run the Aria 2 setup each time the device disappears from my device list, once I re-run the setup all is well again until some time passes and the Aria 2 stops functioning properly. So Ground Hog day basically.

Yes the WiFi signal is strong where the Aria 2 is located and no the Aria 2 is not being moved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RickL77, this has to be a problem with the WiFi configuration.  The phone app/Bluetooth are used with the Aria 2 solely for the setup process, and once the scales are set up it syncs via WiFi only.  Check out this post for tips on setting up the WiFi (a SSID with spaces in it is apparently a problem).  Also, check out the help article for the Aria 2, How do I set up my Fitbit Device?

Best Answer

@USAF-Larryhmh, eventhough it all initially works? my ssid is HomeWireless_RPT do you think that's too long?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing keeps happening with mine (iPhone 7).   I have to set it up daily...really annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got off the phone with support.

At our house there is more than one user.  If this is the case for you, this may help:

Each time a user tries to weigh themselves, the same thing keeps happening, so we each keep adding the Aria as a device.

What we are doing by mistake is creating new owners, so each time a new owner adds the device it disappears from the “previous owners” list. They advise that one Owner sends invitation to add (via the settings icon) everyone else.   They accept via email and they are added.

ill keep you posted if this solves our problem or not.    

Best Answer

@EmDirr wrote:

Just got off the phone with support.

At our house there is more than one user.  If this is the case for you, this may help:

Each time a user tries to weigh themselves, the same thing keeps happening, so we each keep adding the Aria as a device.

What we are doing by mistake is creating new owners, so each time a new owner adds the device it disappears from the “previous owners” list. They advise that one Owner sends invitation to add (via the settings icon) everyone else.   They accept via email and they are added.

ill keep you posted if this solves our problem or not.    

I was wondering what would happen if two users in the same household each tried to link the Aria 2 to their account without going through the invitation process.  Thanks for sharing.  I'm sure you are not the first who has run into problems trying to get more than one user linked to the scale. 

For others reading this, the process for adding multiple users to an account is set out here

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

thanks but that wasn't my issue, I did open a Support ticket as well

My issue was apparently referred to Fitbit's engineering and they must have done something to fix it.

I don't want to jinx anything but it's now been 3 days without the Aria 2 disappearing, working perfectly for me. Typically it would disappear after a couple of hours.

I made no changes on my end whatsoever, same network name, same way to re-set-up the scale.

I will now move on and invite my wife to join the scale and we'll see what happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just a follow-up, I invited my wife to join the Aria 2 and all is well. Haven't lost it from either of our accounts and is functioning and syncing properly. Fingers crossed Fitbit has now completely fixed whatever issues they had.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just purchased the aria 2. Mine is also disappearing from my phone. Not only that but when I go to add it back in it kicks my Ionic off the app and I have to resync that. 

This is very annoying so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Body2big  Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response. However, I would like to follow up on this issue and would like to know if your Aria 2 and your Ionic are syncing properly now.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes