Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2: Multi phones for different users

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All,

I am thinking of getting the aria 2.

Would anyone be able to advice if each different users could use their individual phones to have their own to connect?

There are 4 different people in my household and each could use their own phones for their own accounts?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@owen27, you can have up to 8 users on the Aria 2 scales. But, only one user can set up the Aria 2 on the phone, and then that user Invites the other user - send an Invitation to the email address used for the other user's Fitbit account.   If a 2nd or subsequent user attempts to set up the scales on their device, it will remove it from the 1st user's device.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

@owen27, you can have up to 8 users on the Aria 2 scales. But, only one user can set up the Aria 2 on the phone, and then that user Invites the other user - send an Invitation to the email address used for the other user's Fitbit account.   If a 2nd or subsequent user attempts to set up the scales on their device, it will remove it from the 1st user's device.

Best Answer

Thanks for clarifying this. I'm a little confused though.  If only one user can set up on their phone, then what exactly does having 8 users mean? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cristina0402 wrote:

Thanks for clarifying this. I'm a little confused though.  If only one user can set up on their phone, then what exactly does having 8 users mean? 

One user (presumably you) would have to set the scale up on your account and then invite the other users (using the emails they used to sign up for Fitbit with).  Once they accept the invite, they will be added to the scale and can access their stats on their phone.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@USAF-Larry wrote:

Thanks so much Larry!

That is great news.

Enjoying my adidas ionic and would like to have it all linked up.

Where my mum and wife would just probably use the aria.

Owen

Best Answer

Okay. I understood from the previous reply that if it was set up on a second device, it would take it off the first one. 

In actuality, my problem is that the Aria is not popping up on my iphone's network list as I'm following the steps to connect it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cristina0402 wrote:

In actuality, my problem is that the Aria is not popping up on my iphone's network list as I'm following the steps to connect it.

@Cristina0402, I am not sure what you mean that it is not showing up on your "network list".  Are you setting it up for the first time using the iPhone app?  Or, has it been set up on this phone or a different one, an not showing up on the Fitbit app?  What has been done, and what stage are you currently at?

Best Answer

My husband connect his iPhone to it first.  Then, when I started the process of connecting mine that's where I got stopped.  I don't remember the steps off the top of my head and do not have the list with me, but it was sometime after you remove one battery, wait 10 secs, and then place it back in.  From there you are supposed to go to your iPhone network settings and connect to the Aria.  This is where I'm getting stuck because Aria is not popping up like it did on my husband's phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cristina0402, STOP where you are.  If the Aria 2 still shows as a device on his iPhone app, it is set up and you DO NOT want to set it up on your phone.  He needs to send you an Invitation from his iPhone app, to your Fitbit login email address.  Then, you need to accept that invitation from a computer with the Fitbit.com Dashboard open.  As soon as you accept that invitation the Aria 2 will appear on your app on your phone.

Best Answer

@owen27 I'm glad to hear that the information that shared @USAF-Larry was helpful and cleared your inquiries about how to add other people to the scale. Hope you keep enjoying your Fitbit products and let us know if more assistance is needed.

@Cristina0402 I want to follow up and would like to know if the information that provided @USAF-Larry and @DramaQueenDiva helped you to join the Aria scale or if you are experiencing issues when trying to join the scale.

See you all later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Does the 2nd thru 8th user have to setup aria or add it to their phone or just accept the inv. My wife got on the scale it showed her name and weight and bmi but did not sync with her phone. Does she have to add anything in her own fitbit device or just accept inv

Best Answer

@xxxnazzgulxxx Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! Regarding your question, the Aria scale needs to be set up just once, which is on the primary user's account. After the first setup, the primary needs to send the invitation to every user's email address that they have linked to their Fitbit account. Finally, each user just needs to accept the invitation through the email that is sent to their email account.

After each user accepts the invitation emails, they should be recognized by the Aria when they step on it and their weights should be assigned to their users accordingly.

Please check out this help article to learn more about this.

Let me know if you need further assistance! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

does all the users have to be under the same house? (same wifi) or can one user take my scale to her home to weigh ins ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@YesiB   The scale must be in range of the wi-fi signal of the network used for set up when a person is weighing himself/herself.  Scale measurements go to accounts through the wi-fi network, not to the phone app via Bluetooth.

Moving a scale around also can make it lose its calibration.  This is not a disaster, as there are reasons to move the scale in one's own house.  You might need to weigh yourself twice to recalibrate it.

The users don't have to live in the same house.  They just need to visit the house where the scale is set up.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Thank you!
Best Answer

@YesiB I'm so glad to hear that you found @LZeeW's post helpful! Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes