Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 is recognizing me as "Guest"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Bought the scales to set it up fine I have the ionic and my partner has the versa when she uses the scales it works fine and comes up as her when I use then it comes up as guest. Do these scales not work with ionic?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@Eh2env  It doesn't matter which type of tracker you use.  The important thing is that the scale is set up properly.  The correct set up is that the scale is set up on one person's account and the other person is invited as a guest.  Do not set up the scale on both accounts.

Here are two Help articles that might be useful.

How do I invite others to use my scale?

Why is my scale recognizing me as a guest?

Try this troubleshooting and let us know how it goes.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Ive set it up that way but still only sees me as a guest
Best Answer

@Eh2env  When a weight comes up as GUEST, you need to reassign that weight to you.  Here is the link to the Help article you need  How do I reassign a weight on my scale?  You need to do this several times in succession until a weigh in shows your icon.

It might take several minutes to do this, especially if you have to do it four or five times.  It does take some time for a weight in to be complete and to sync to your account. 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@Eh2env It's great to see new faces in the Community. Welcome aboard! I'll be glad to find a solution for the issue you are experiencing with your Aria 2 since it's not recognizing your user. Please restart your scale by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, re-calibrate your scale as my friend @LZeeW mentioned, weigh yourself 4-5 times in a row. Finally, assign those weights in your Dashboard as described in the help article that she shared above so your scale can learn your user.

Let @LZeeW and me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

AFter not weighing myself for over a month today it only recognises be as guest. I’ve removed it from my account an Re-added it twice. I’ve spent 1hour so far weighting myself then going into the app an Re-assigning the weight from. GUEST to my account. I’ve done this now for about 20 weighins. Nothing has worked. 

The scale is placed on flat concrete. 

Best Answer

@Bauer24 Thank you for joining us in this thread! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not recognizing your user. If you haven't done so, restart your scale by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. Once this has been done, weigh yourself 5 consecutive times and see if your scale recognizes your user properly.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Thanks! I tried other things but this one worked. It took 3 weigh-ins. The BMI finally displayed with my icon. I didn't need to correct the Guest weights to make it change, just kept getting back on to weigh. 

Best Answer

@MsCuz Welcome to our Fitbit forums! I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scale is recognizing your user properly now. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi JuanJo, I've set up the Aria 2 using my phone and it can recognize me fine. Then I invited my wife via the app. She has chosen the icon etc. but the scale only recognizes her as "Guest". How can get it recognize my wife too?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Frank.C, thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear that your Aria 2 doesn't recognize your and your wife's users.

Please restart your Aria 2 by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, follow the steps that are listed in this help article in order to fix this issue. After this, weigh yourselves 5 times in a row each and see if your scale recognizes your users properly.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes