Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 recognizes me as "guest"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Accepted invite on desktop and all ok Aria 2 now appears in my dashboard. I stand on the scales and nada..... no sync occurs to my app for me but my partner sees the weigh in as a guest despite she sees me as a user.

This is so convoluted reading the other users pain I'm considering buying my own just for me ... crazy.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Just set up my Aria 2 and so excited. Got it all connected, step on the scale and NOTHING. Yes it gives me weight, but only sees me as a GUEST. How do I get it to recognize me so I get all the data? I've gone and assigned it on the Fitbit site but still won't recognize me. Would like to get it fixed before adding the hubby.... anybody? 

Thanks! 🙂

Best Answer

Trying to add the hubby to our scale...  Sent the email, he accepted and trying to figure out where to go from there. Trying to connect to the scale and it won't see it. Does he need to push a button to make it recognize it? When I did it, it was pulled out of the box and I pulled the battery tab and it connected. He doesn't have that option....

Best Answer
0 Votes

When DH added me to the scale, I got the email and accepted.  That was all I did.  I then had the Aria 2 shown under my devices.  However, it weighs me as a guest.  It does go to my phone but I have to manually assign to me.  Have done this several times and it still won't recognize me.

Best Answer

@pigmundt,  The first weigh-in after reassigning might still show a guest because the scale needs to sync with wifi in order to readjust

@Koshka  Not sure what you mean by, trying to connect to the scale and it won't see it? Is it not recognizing him?  Note, if your scale is having trouble recognizing or distinguishing between you and your husband, see this article

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Go to fitbit.com, then click

log,

weight,

view settings (sprocket on the right side of screen)

Aria 2

..change the "person" from guest to you or hubby as appropriate..

It should remember that from now on.

Best Answer
perfect! Me and hubby are about 9 pounds apart (so far!!!) but how do I get him to be able to be him (a registered Fitbit user) to from guest? And I'm getting our family on this account and fitbits for Christmas so I'd like to figure this out before I enter 5 more people 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just like you did for yourself.  When you log into the fitbit application and select the Aria-2 as you did, it will show you all the users that are named "Guest."  So find your husbands and change the name to "Bob," or whatever seems appropriate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pigmundt, you can also go into the Aria 2 settings, and delete all of the Guest weights are there (click on the trash can next to the Guest record to delete it).  After you have deleted all of the guest entries, then you can allow the scales to add him by him weighing himself several times in a row following the display. When it is done, tap the left or right sides to use the X or Checkmark to add him to the scales.

Best Answer

So I stand on the scales and I can see recent weigh in.... I am registered as the guest. I can assign this to myself ... this surely isn't the way I have to do that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mark.C  You said that she sees you as a user, but double check on your own account.  From the Dashboard > tap on the Account icon > Aria 2 > People Using This Scale > Make sure you see your name and icon.

Now go back one step to the Aria 2 page and tap on Recent Weigh-Ins.  Find your weigh-in where you are the Guest, tap on that weigh-in and assign it to you.  You might need to re-weigh yourself again and re-assign it to you until the scale is calibrated to you.  Although not written in the instruction manual, some people advise weighing yourself up to five times in a row to get the scale to calibrate itself to you.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@Mark.C I noticed that you joined our Fitbit Community recently, welcome aboard! The information that shared my friend @LZeeW mentions the correct way to assign your weigh ins to your user. Also, please check out this help article which explains why the Aria scale recognizes you as "guest".

Let @LZeeW and me know if more assistance is needed my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

My scales constantly need resetting because they record me as “guest”. After taking the batteries out and waiting and re-saving my account details they DO work.

However this needs to be done several times a week. I bought them through Amazon and unfortunately threw the box out, so I am having to spend a lot of time going in and altering the log file.

does anyone know of a fix that does not require taking the batteries out and re-saving account details?

Best Answer

@kjuliff It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! Please weigh in yourself 5 times in a row and then check out this page which explains how to re-assign the "Guest" readings to your user. Try re-assigning 5 weigh ins so the scale can learn that you are a user so the next times it recognizes your user automatically.

Let me know how it goes my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was working fine now only showing my data as Guest

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you reset the scale?  Just take out the batteries for a good 10-20 seconds and then put them back in.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I want to follow up on your case and would like to know if the issue persists or if your Aria 2 is recognizing your user. In the meantime, you can definitely try the workaround that shared @DramaQueenDiva in order to restart your scale and refresh it internally.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

For no apparent reason my aria2 started displaying guest. Found out later my wife tried the scale out. From that point forward it recognized her as me and me as “guest”. Searched everywhere for a fix and kept getting the remove batteries solution. Didn’t work. I finally figured out on my own that in the app for my personal info it had changed my weight to a much lighter weight( my wife’s weight). I changed it back to my actual weight and vwalla...problem solved.

Best Answer

@Sparky27 thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get the issue resolved and your Aria 2 is now recognizing your users properly. Thank you for posting your feedback here.

As a side note, I'd like you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had this same problem with the Aria-2 recognizing me as a guest. Deleting all the old guest entries helped. Finally fixed!!

Best Answer