Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria setup issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Trying to setup scales changed network and have got to the stage saying Active setup but when l go to settings and try to connect to the Aria network it's says network not avabile  can anyone help as l am trying to set these scales up know for 6 months 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
43 REPLIES 43

@Petpoo It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that your Aria scale is not connecting with your network. Since you mentioned the time that you've had your Aria scale, I assume that you have an Aria and not an Aria 2. I would like you to make sure and let me know some details: What is the brand of your router? Is your WiFi password alphanumerical only or does it contain special characters? In the meantime, please follow the setup process as instructed in the video that contains this post.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply the wif  fi is bt  and l did have the Scales working perfect with the old bt hub. Its the black ARIA scales got so fed up l put them away , as l knew that l was going to up grade my fitbit flex 2 too the iconic watch which l have and love, so decided to try my scales again

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Petpoo Thanks for getting back and letting me know more details! I would like to know if you made changes to your network such as router, network settings or WiFi password. Make sure that your router is using the protocol 82.11b.

See you later my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tryed everything got ad far as finding the Aria network it's says network not avabile can anyone don't know what protocol 82 11lb means or were to find it so disappointed that l bought these scales .every expensive for sitting doing nothing just time wasting 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got the Aria 2 scale and I’m ready to throw it out the window. The setup instructions are completely wrong or perhaps not an option for me. I go thru set up on internet to try to get the scale on my WiFi and I keep getting this message that the WiFi it’s on is LINKSYS. It will not let me do anything after it flashes this. Is there an 800 number to call or someone to get help from.

Best Answer

Yes very complicated can't get my scales set up have been trying on and off for six months now Think l will give up. 

Best Answer

Hi All,

My Aria has synced for months. It just stopped and now it doesn't even show up in my App. Batteries are good. So is WiFi.

Best Answer
Yeah fed up trying to sort my scales out
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cokeefe - Sorry to hear this, have you been able to set the scale up first then try connecting? Where are you seeing this error message? I do see you were able to contact customer support, they are a great resource if you are stil having issues. 

@Petpoo - Do you have an Aria or Aria 2? Aria 2 hasn't been available for 6 months. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

I setup my Aria 2 fine to my iPhone 7, but then couldn’t add my wife on her iPhone 6 as a guest as the invite on her phone was to me!?!

So, after sending multiple invites and it not working, I deleted the Aria 2 from my Fitbit account, to make my wife the main user and then invite myself.  Big mistake!

Now neither of us can reconnect to the Aria 2.  When we try from either iPhone the Aria 2 can’t be found.  I’ve turned Bluetooth on and off, wireless on and off.  The Aria 2 on and off.  Deleted my Ionic device and reconnected.  

I think the problem is the Aria 2 won’t go back to setup mode.  The only instruction I can find that may put it back to this mode is factory reset in the manual, which I have tried, although there isn’t an action with the black button in the battery compartment so I am not convinced by this.

Any suggestions - I am developing a massive hatred towards this product!  I must have spent 4 hours trying to sort this.

Best Answer

@Eddarewrote:

I setup my Aria 2 fine to my iPhone 7, but then couldn’t add my wife on her iPhone 6 as a guest as the invite on her phone was to me!?!

So, after sending multiple invites and it not working, I deleted the Aria 2 from my Fitbit account, to make my wife the main user and then invite myself.  Big mistake!

Now neither of us can reconnect to the Aria 2.  When we try from either iPhone the Aria 2 can’t be found.  I’ve turned Bluetooth on and off, wireless on and off.  The Aria 2 on and off.  Deleted my Ionic device and reconnected.  

I think the problem is the Aria 2 won’t go back to setup mode.  The only instruction I can find that may put it back to this mode is factory reset in the manual, which I have tried, although there isn’t an action with the black button in the battery compartment so I am not convinced by this.

Any suggestions - I am developing a massive hatred towards this product!  I must have spent 4 hours trying to sort this.

Have you tried removing the batteries of the Aria 2 and putting them back in?  How about changing the batteries?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response.  Taken the batteries out about 20 times for varying lengths of time, and changed the batteries to make sure.

when the batteries go in the screen scrolls the Vno (presumably of the software), and then goes black.  The Fitbit app doesn’t recognise the Aria 2 is on.

If you step on the scales it weighs you.

It just won’t go back to setup.

Best Answer
So it turns out that I had an Aria original vs. Aria 2. They looks almost identical. I ordered Aria 2 and got Aria 1 in the Aria 2 box. Make sure you have the correct Aria. I returned the mistaken one and ordered another actual Aria 2. Works fantastic. No issues. Easy set up.
Best Answer

It is the Aria 2.  Out of the box it set up properly through the app, but now I have deleted it as a device it won’t go back to setup mode.

I did try pressing the corners just in case though (as for Aria).  No luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Having trying to set mine up for weeks it to frustrating Fed up trying
Best Answer
0 Votes
Just call them. Took only a few minutes. So easy.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Don’t make me laugh!  On hold for 45 minutes - never picked up!

i ended up direct messaging on Twitter.  Have had a response but no solution, so they have opened a case file.  Awaiting email contact!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Eddarewrote:

Don’t make me laugh!  On hold for 45 minutes - never picked up!

i ended up direct messaging on Twitter.  Have had a response but no solution, so they have opened a case file.  Awaiting email contact!

It's good to hear that they have opened a case on your behalf.  When you speak to them again, you may just want to remind them of all the troubleshooting you've done....with so many people calling them everyday, it may be hard for them to keep track!  By simply reminding them of the troubleshooting, you will be saving time for both yourself and the representative.

My guess is that it does have something to do with your device, and they may offer to replace it.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Thanks for the advice.  I will post the result!

Best Answer
0 Votes