Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria setup issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Trying to setup scales changed network and have got to the stage saying Active setup but when l go to settings and try to connect to the Aria network it's says network not avabile  can anyone help as l am trying to set these scales up know for 6 months 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
43 REPLIES 43

Had an Aria 2 which stopped synching after only a few weeks. After a lengthy chat session on Monday this week, Fitbit agreed to replace the scale under warranty as none of their suggestions worked.

New scale arrived this afternoon! Hurray!! Went to set it up using my Android phone as per the original, got to exactly the same point and stuck there again!! BOOOO!!.

Another lengthy chat with Fitbit. Had downloaded the Fitbit wi-fi scale setup app which ran in a window only 3"x2" with no re-size capability. Used guesswork and tab keys to activate the controls in the app but got to a point where it was asking for something but I couldn't see what. Chat contact escalating to L2 support. Joy, NOT!!

Decided to have one more try.Success!! It worked. These were my steps.

1. Deleted the Aria and it's now defunct brother from my profile.
  2. Downloaded the Fitbit Windows App from the MS app store onto my Win 10 laptop.
  3. Enabled bluetooth on my laptop.
  4. Went to My Profile in the Fitbit app
  5. Used "Set Up a Device" and followed the instructions.

Conclusion:

The issue, for me, appears to be with the setup functionality within the Android app. Crucially no way to select the Wi-Fi I wanted to connect to was offered on the phone app whereas there was on the Windows app allowing me to authenticate to the router.

Hope this is of use to some.

Best Answer

Mine was working perfect til last week when it stopped syncing.  I've reset and gone thru the Wi-Fi set up and it keeps saying my password is wrong. But it hasn't changed and I dbl checked with our internet provider. I'm so frustrated it won't connect.  I chose "connect later" just so i could get my daily stats and manually put them in and its flashing a weight and nothing else and then shuts off with no warning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Acanaanwrote:

Mine was working perfect til last week when it stopped syncing.  I've reset and gone thru the Wi-Fi set up and it keeps saying my password is wrong. But it hasn't changed and I dbl checked with our internet provider. I'm so frustrated it won't connect.  I chose "connect later" just so i could get my daily stats and manually put them in and its flashing a weight and nothing else and then shuts off with no warning. 

Have you tried just changing the batteries on the scale?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Petpoo I want to follow up on your case. Please let me know if you get any error message when trying to set up your Aria scale. Also, the information that will be helpful is to know if you have an Aria or Aria 2 as my friend @KateFitbit asked above. These details will help me to assist you accordingly.

@MartynWalmsley @Acanaan I'd also like to follow up on your cases. Please let me know if the issue persists or if your scales could be set up.

@DramaQueenDiva @Cokeefe I appreciate your help my friends!

See you all later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

After several troubleshooting emails, Support at Fitbit concluded that the reset button in the battery compartment was faulty. They sent me a DHL return label, I have returned the Aria 2, and my replacement scales is on its way to me.  The process takes a while, but hopefully will get a new scale that works!!

Best Answer
Hi! I got it fixed. I had to remove the app, restart my phone and try again. It worked for the aria2. And also my watch stopped syncing. I have the blaze and it was stuck on the wrong day after dying on me the day before. Everything's fixed 🙂

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been using the original Aria for many years and was very happy with it, until recently when I changed the batteries, I got an ERR message that I was unable to resolve. I read in the forums that this was an issue for many users with no solution. I like the scale so much that I decided to upgrade to the Aria 2 thinking, the newer version should be easy to setup.

Here is the problem, right out of the box, I can't get the setup mode to show up in the scale's window. I get the fitbit logo, then a smiley face, then www.fitbit.com/setup shows in the window. I've tried removing and replacing batteries and tapping the scale, but I just get the web address. I am running the FitbitScaleSetup_Win_20170621_1.0.4.175 software on a Window 7 PC. I'm able to connect to my WiFi, but when I try to connect to the scale it keeps telling me to remove a battery and wait for Setup in the window, which doesn't come up, just the www.fitbit.com/setup keeps scrolling through the window. Any advice on how to get to setup mode?

Best Answer

@cindytc, do you have  a smartphone that you can run the Fitbit app on, or a Wiindows 10 computer that you can use to to Set Up a Device with? 

Best Answer

Hi Larry, thanks for your reply. I was able to set up the Aria2 using my Android phone, although not an easy task, it took several tries to connect to the scale and to my WiFi. Also, I never did get a Setup message on the scale. But I'm happy to get it working. 🙂

Best Answer

@Eddare @Acanaan @cindytc I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scale could be set up properly! Thanks for posting your updates here.

I'd like to invite you guys to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

@USAF-Larry Thank you for your help!

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often my friends!

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  Aria 2 keeps showing www.fitbit.com/setup.   I've tried my iphone 8 and can't see the wifi ariaxxxx.  Please help.  This is brand new out of the box.  I'm very frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sandiep Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! Let me go ahead and help you with the connection issues that you are experiencing with your Aria scale. I would just like to know a couple of details that will help me to determine the cause of the issue: Have you made changes to your network (router, router settings or WiFi password)? Have you tried taken out all the batteries and putting them back in? What's the make and model of your router?

In the meantime, make sure that you are following the setup process as described in this help article.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good Morning,

I have not made any changes to our Wifi or password. I have several
things hooked up to my wifi including garage door, house alarm, door bell,
etc. I do know how to set up things with wifi, I'm just have trouble with
this.

Yes, I have taken out the batteries several times and it come on with "
www.fitbit.com/setup"

Does this help?

Sandie
Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried so many times l give up so annoying
Best Answer
0 Votes

@sandiep Thank you for getting back and providing more details. In case you don't know what is the make and model of your router, please get in touch with your Internet service provider so they can tell you this information. In the meantime, let me know if your Aria scale displays another message beside www.fitbit.com/setup.

@Petpoo Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you guys have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new Aria 2 will not come out of the "www.fitbit.com/setup" mode on the scale.  I have taken out the batteries several times and the active setup won't show on the screen.   What should I do?   I have even tried to reset it with the button by the batteries but still NO.  Please advise,

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sandiep wrote:

My new Aria 2 will not come out of the "www.fitbit.com/setup" mode on the scale.  I have taken out the batteries several times and the active setup won't show on the screen.   What should I do?   I have even tried to reset it with the button by the batteries but still NO.  Please advise,

@sandiep, what happens on the Fitbit app when you are setting up the Aria 2? Is the phone connecting to the scales via Bluetooth?

Best Answer

@sandiep In addition to the questions that asked my friend @USAF-Larry, please make sure that you are following the setup process as described in this help article.

Keep @USAF-Larry and me posted how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Guys! I went through all the troubles everyone has listed and was going to send my Aria 2, back to the Factory, but I decided to try calling Fit Bit Customer Service and Hold till Christmas if need be!!!

They answered my phone call in about 15 minutes and had me “set-up” and added my wife to the Scale memory.

What we “All were expecting was for the 2nd set up to be a mirror of the first one! Not! This is the problem with very poor factory instructions!

The answer is to do the original setup as instructed and ignore the idiot instructions from there on!

Once the primary person is “set up “Then you go to your Fitbit App” and send an invitation by email to the person you want to add!

That person then “Accepts” the invitation and follows through with set up of the Fit Bit App on their phone!!

The Key here is also for the invitees to “Confirm“ a second email and then they may Complete the set up on their Fitbit account and be added to the freaking Aria 2!

I would call the technical help line. They did answer after 10 min and figured out quickly what the trouble was and walked me through it.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gman012 It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm glad to hear that our Support team helped you to get your Aria 2 set up and helped you to add more users to your scale. I'm sorry about the difficulties you experienced with it and I appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes