Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria2 won't accept wifi password

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just purchased Aria2 to go along with my new tracker.  Trying to setup the device using the iOS app (updated to the latest version).  Aria2 won't accept the password for the wifi.  A google search shows this is a pervasive problem.  This is embarrassing.  First, why does the scale even require a wifi setup?  if it can connect to a smartphone (and hence the app) via bluetooth that should be all that's required.  Second, when will fitbit officially acknowledge the problem, offer a fix or recall the product altogether?  I'll probably return the scale (and maybe even the tracker), which is a shame and a waste of my time.

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

@wazee Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that your Aria scale is not accepting your WiFi password. I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if your Aria 2 could be set up.

Regarding your inquiries, the Aria 2 sends your data via WiFi to your Fitbit Dashboard in order to update your record of weights. Also, the setup process has been improved so i can be via Bluetooth. I'd like to share the setup instructions that are listed in this help article.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does the Aria 2 accept passwords with special characters?  I have an Aria and just added a new router to our house.  I just learned after over an hour of trying to get the dang thing to connect that the Aria does not accept passwords with special characters.  I am not going to change my password for this one device so before purchasing an Aria 2 I want to be sure it will connect.  It doesn't appear to be an issue with this version, but I am hoping someone can confirm before I purchase the Aria 2.  

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kalia Thanks for joining us in this thread! Thanks a lot for your interest in the new Aria 2. Regarding your question, the Aria 2 does accept and connect with passwords that contain special characters. Also, the setup is easier since it's done via any smartphone's Bluetooth.

Don't hesitate to get back if any other question arises my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

@wazee wrote:

Just purchased Aria2 to go along with my new tracker.  Trying to setup the device using the iOS app (updated to the latest version).  Aria2 won't accept the password for the wifi.  A google search shows this is a pervasive problem.  This is embarrassing.  First, why does the scale even require a wifi setup?  if it can connect to a smartphone (and hence the app) via bluetooth that should be all that's required.  Second, when will fitbit officially acknowledge the problem, offer a fix or recall the product altogether?  I'll probably return the scale (and maybe even the tracker), which is a shame and a waste of my time.

Ok, just clearing up one thing: the tracker and the scale have nothing to do with each other, so if you wish to return the scale, there is no need to return the tracker as well as it (the tracker) is working perfectly fine.

Second, you may want to consider restarting the scale by removing the batteries from the back of it for about 30 seconds.  My Google Home Mini experienced a similar problem yesterday, but once I rebooted it (by unplugging it from the wall), it works fine.  It's a different device, I know, but still may be worth a shot.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@DramaQueenDiva wrote:

@wazee wrote:

Ok, just clearing up one thing: the tracker and the scale have nothing to do with each other, so if you wish to return the scale, there is no need to return the tracker as well as it (the tracker) is working perfectly fine.

Second, you may want to consider restarting the scale by removing the batteries from the back of it for about 30 seconds.  My Google Home Mini experienced a similar problem yesterday, but once I rebooted it (by unplugging it from the wall), it works fine.  It's a different device, I know, but still may be worth a shot.

Thanks for the pointers.  I definitely tried your suggestion many times to no avail.

The tracker and the scale are related in a sense.  They are part of the Fitbit experience. That is, in my dashboard i get to see data collected from both devices in a simple and streamlined interface.  Are they absolutely necessary for each other?  No.  But neither is an iphone and a mac (vs a PC for example), but having them both simplifies some task. If i returned the scale for one from a competitor, I'd probably be interested in the competitors tracker instead.

Anyway, the good news is i don't need to return either device.  I tried everything under the sun to get the scale to work with no luck.  Finally i remembered i have an Airport extreme which can be used as a router.  I hooked it up to my current verizon router and connected the scale to its new wifi network  instead.   Worked the first time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been sussefulkt using my Aria2 for 8-weeks. Up until today it has been great. Today it gave me an error that the Wifi password is suddenly incorrect. There have been no changes and all other devices are working fine. I tried “pairing” again and always get “wrong password”. Help?

Best Answer

@Wanderer23 - have you tried entering your wifi password again and are you able to get it connected? If so, has it happened again? 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
I tried multiple times unsuccessfully. I also tried pushing the button near the batteries and reconnecting to Wifi. Each time the same outcome of “wrong password”.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Wanderer23 Thanks for getting back to me. Is the password less than 32 characters? Is it at all possible to change the password and try logging in again? 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
The password is less than 10 characters. I can change it, however, it would disrupt about a dozen other devices within the house.

What is the reason why it would suddenly decide after 8-weeks that it doesn’t like the password? I’m not following what the issue is that’s even causing the situation since it had been working fine and there are no underlying changes to the Wifi or its password.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Wanderer23 I can understand changing your password wouldn't be convenient. I'm not sure what is happening. Is it at all possible to try and set up on a different device? 

Best Answer
Meaning a different Wifi source or on an iPad verses my phone etc?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Wanderer23 meaning a different device, iPad vs a phone. I'm reporting this issue to our team to see if they have any further insight. 

Update: I've created a case for you so our team can review further. Someone will be reaching out shortly. 

Best Answer

Hi Kate, all,

apologies to jump in on the strings, 

Having the same issue with Password on my aria 2, has a generic solution been found ?

have tried all mentioned suggestions with no luck.

will it work with 

Protocol:             802.11n

Security type:     WPA2-Personal

Network band:  2.4 GHz

Peter

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Peterkotze - I'm sorry to hear this. I see you started a case with our support team. Are you still seeing an error message that your password is incorrect? 

Best Answer
Hi Kate,

Yes, same issue, have sent my router details through to see if it matches the Aria 2 requirements.

Peter
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Peterkotze thanks, someone from our team will follow up shortly. 

Best Answer

So what is the deal with the WiFi Password Issue. Either acknowledge it is a bug and you are working on a fix or my entire family will gladly take back ALL the Fitbit items we have just purchased. This is ridiculous to act like you are clueless on an issue that has been reported by over 100+ individuals. I am also going to place this message on FB and Twitter to warn people not to even bother with purchasing this brand!  What is the current status on an update to fix the WiFi Password Issue? 

Best Answer

I’m having a similar problem.  The scale is not finding my wi-fi, it does however pic up other wi-fi’s in the area. I even set up my phone to be a hotspot ... the scale picked it up once, but then would not accept the password. It’s very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes