Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria2 won't accept wifi password

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just purchased Aria2 to go along with my new tracker.  Trying to setup the device using the iOS app (updated to the latest version).  Aria2 won't accept the password for the wifi.  A google search shows this is a pervasive problem.  This is embarrassing.  First, why does the scale even require a wifi setup?  if it can connect to a smartphone (and hence the app) via bluetooth that should be all that's required.  Second, when will fitbit officially acknowledge the problem, offer a fix or recall the product altogether?  I'll probably return the scale (and maybe even the tracker), which is a shame and a waste of my time.

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

@Keithggoode - it's difficult to say if the issue is the same here if the Network is not being found. Can you try unpairing the scale and setting up again?  To do this, pull out a battery, put the battery back in, and hit the button on the back of scale to put it back in setup mode by pushing the button on the back, and unpairing the scale from the app. Then set up the scale again. 

@nhart I can assure you I'm not acting like I'm clueless and we are investigating two reports in this thread. Can you please point me to the 100 plus reports of users whose passwords are not working for Aria 2 and we will investigate further?  

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

What a headache.  Bought Aria 2.  Keeps saying Wifi Password is incorrect.  It is the correct password.  I have never had a problem connecting any other device or computer to my WiFi network. 

Best Answer

@Nwschulman, does your WiFi passcode have special characters in it, or is it very long?  If it has non-alphanumberic characters or spaces it will give that error.

Best Answer

It is not long and has no special characters

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is something wrong with Aria 2 wifi interface.  I have reset Aria 2 several times by removing the battery, also removed it from the Fitbit App and reconnected several times.  My router meets the requirements that Fitbit says are needed. I have tried everything on this and it is still not working.   I have never had any problems connecting any other phone, computer, or other device to my home WiFi. It has to be something with the Aria 2. 

Best Answer

After hours of frustration, I found out how to properly reset the Aria2 scale, which I didn't do correctly before. I put out the batteries, pushed the reset button but obviously that wasn't enough. I wrote a blog article with photos, and I hope it might help others running into connectivity issues.

https://jeannot.blog/2018/04/10/resolving-fitbit-aria-2-wlan-issues/

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. My Aria2 worked perfectly for 5 days and connected no problem to my wifi. Nothing has changed with my wifi, but now I am getting a wrong password message, and I've tried to re-enter it 20 or more. This password is correct, is less than 10 characters, and is all alphanumeric. I have tried removing the device and re-setting it up, as well as re setting the scale to factory settings and setting it up again but neither has worked.
Has anybody actually got this problem fixed? I'm thinking or returning it if there isn't a fix. It's too expensive to not do what it is supposed to!!

Best Answer

Sad, actually it worked for me after the factory reset. Too bad this doesn't seem to work for you 😞

Best Answer

I recently purchased an Aria 2 and a Versa and have network issues.

Network password is alphanumeric and under 32 characters. The scale will connect initially and then after a day or two, stop connecting and report wrong password. The Versa simply will not connect. Both devices connect to my mobile phone hotspot.

Both devices have been setup next to the router to ensure strongest signal with no issues. I checked router settings to make sure there was no MAC address filtering or QoS enabled. Every other device in my home connects to the network without hassle (even my litterbox).

I have done factory resets, power cycles, removed and readded devices from my account, removed and re-added the fitbit app, and performed numerous resets and pair/unpair events with phone.

Best Answer

@Shwalamazula wrote:

I recently purchased an Aria 2 and a Versa and have network issues.

Network password is alphanumeric and under 32 characters. The scale will connect initially and then after a day or two, stop connecting and report wrong password. The Versa simply will not connect. Both devices connect to my mobile phone hotspot.

Both devices have been setup next to the router to ensure strongest signal with no issues. I checked router settings to make sure there was no MAC address filtering or QoS enabled. Every other device in my home connects to the network without hassle (even my litterbox).

I have done factory resets, power cycles, removed and readded devices from my account, removed and re-added the fitbit app, and performed numerous resets and pair/unpair events with phone.

Are there any special characters in the password, such as an exclamation point?  I know you said that the password is alphanumeric but that doesn't mean that there aren't special characters in it.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

No special characters.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nwschulman @Shwalamazula Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community and welcome aboard! I want to follow up on the setup issue you guys are experiencing with your Aria 2. Are you still getting the "password is incorrect" message or were your scales able to connect with your WiFi?

@Dscheymu I'm so glad to hear that you were able to enter your WiFi password and you got your Aria scale connected to your WiFi.

@Cgeorge30 Thanks for joining this thread and our Fitbit Community! I would like to know if you moved your scale from the place it worked on? Also, try taking out the batteries for a minute and put them back in. After this, set up your scale one more time.

@USAF-Larry @DramaQueenDiva Thank you guys for your help in this thread!

See you all later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, my Aria 2 connected properly initially. After the first successful sync, subsequent syncs said invalid password.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shwalamazula Make sure that your WiFi password contains less than 30 seconds. If you still having syncing issues, take out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, try syncing your scale.

Let me know how it goes my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Similar complain, just purchased Aria 2, attempting to sync to network

Device says password incorrect.  

Have reset batteries (left out for 1min)

attempted to resync wireless.

Password is 10 characters (alpha only)

Network is 802.11/n  WPA2

Is there any way to set the device IP/gateway manually? Or anything else that can be done to get this to work... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SadWookie I noticed that you joined our Fitbit forums recently. Welcome aboard! I want to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if your Aria 2 could be set up on your Fitbit account.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am one of the 100 users who can’t get the aria2 connected as it says wrong password, if I can’t get it connected tonight, I will return the scales!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have corrected the issue but unfortunately, it involved a new router. The old router wasn't by any means an uncommon router nor was it from an off brand. The router was a common 802.11 b/g/n/ac router from Asus. You can check it out it is the ASUS RT-AC1200. 

I was in the process of updating most of my home computing and networking equipment, so a router upgrade was planned.The new router (again, an ASUS 802.11 b/g/n/ac router) worked perfectly and I not had issues with my Fitbit scale or watch. It should be noted that Fitbit devices (Aria 2 and Versa) are the ONLY devices that had issues with my network. Even my old tablet that uses the 802.11 g spec worked flawlessly on my network.

To experiment, I grabbed the old router and performed a factory reset and made sure the firmware was up to date. I then set it up for the same SSID as the new network with all of the same security settings and the same password. I then disconnected the new router (to ensure no conflicts in the SSIDs) and connected the old router. Every device in my house (except the 2 Fitbit products) recognized the SSID, and connected successfully to the network. The Aria 2 still said "Wrong Password" and the Versa just refused to connect. I even power-cycled those devices and still could not connect. I then disconnected the old router and re-connected the new router and every device (Fitbits included) connected to the network.

It is my conclusion that Fitbit has a compatibility issue with the router and that the router is not at fault. This is a newer router and if Fitbit properly employed the 802.11 specification, they should have no trouble connecting to a modern router. I shared this information with Fitbit tech support and they wanted me to send my watch for return. This will not fix the issue. The issue is compatibility between the watch/router and the scale/router. I offered to send the old router to them so that their engineers could connect devices to it and see where there is an issue and I have heard noting from them. 

You should not have to change your network to anything other than WPA2 Personal to make this device work. Open network is totally unacceptable and WEP really shouldn't be even a thing anymore. If the WPA2 Personal specification is properly implemented, you should be able to use a password up to 63 characters long. I am actually going to do a test with the router tonight to test special characters and the character limit to see if this is really a limitation of the Fitbit software.

I am still open to sending them my router so that they have a known piece of hardware with a compatibility issue so they can root-cause the issue and deploy a fix.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Welcome to our Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale can't be connected due to a "Wrong Password" message. I'd like to know how long is your WiFi password? Please make sure that it's less than 30 characters.

@Shwalamazula I'm so glad to hear that you were able to set up your Aria scale. Thank you for posting the update here. Also, thank you for sharing the workaround.

I really understand your frustration and I appreciate your feedback about the protocol and the amount of digits that the scale needs to connect. Your feedback will be forwarded to our team since this helps us to keep improving.

Don't hesitate to get back if you have any doubts!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don’t know where you got that I set up the Aria 2 because I didn’t!!(even
after over an hour with Customer Support) and why would I have a password
that’s over 30 letters long, nobody has a password that long??? Anyway, it
is on the way back to Amazon!!!
Best Answer