Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect Aria 2 to Wifi

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm trying to connect my new Aria 2 to the wifi and I get stopped at the part where it says I should take out one battery for ten seconds. I've done that multiple times and it still goes back to www.fitbit.com/setup. I took all batteries out for a minute as well and same problem. What's going on?

Thanks.

Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

@emmanator Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you and help you to find a solution for the setup issue that you are experiencing with your Aria 2. Please make sure that you are following the setup process as advised in this help article. Make sure that you select the option for Aria 2 scale. This article contains a video for easier explanation.

Let me know how it goes my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
I already tried this - and read the link that it posted everything one
someone asks a question. As I explained I can’t get it to set up mode when
I take out and put back the battery. What is going on? I’ve set up a ticket
but they said it could take two days. Thanks.
Best Answer

@emmanator Thanks for getting back! Have you tried taking out the 3 batteries? If not, please take them all out of the scale for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, press the button that is near the batteries compartment and turn the scale in order to check if the "Setup Active" message appears. After this, proceed with the setup process as advised in my previous post.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi JuanJo, 

i have the same issue as this other member. 

I’ve tried all of the resets, batteries out, reset button etc. When it turns back on it flashes up with v21.6 then immediately goes dark. 

Tried on 2 phones and it won’t connect to either. 

Please help! 

Best Answer

@ERS1901 Thanks for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you and help you to find a solution since your Aria scale is not connecting with your network. I would like to follow up on this and would like to know if the issue persists or if your Aria 2 could be set up.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using the correct instructions for the Aria 2 and it will not connect to my wifi. I have all the correct requirements that FITBIT sent me in the email response and I follow all the steps and it just continues to say www.fitbit.com/setup then nothing happens. I remove the batteries, I press the button, I turn my bluetooth and wifi off and on....nothing. I have wasted a lot of time and am frustrated....

HELP?

I have the exact same problem - did you find a solution?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
Not really!

I left it alone for a couple of days, took the batteries out, pushed the button at the back by the batteries & tried again - it worked!

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
I’ll give that a shot. Nothing else is working.... thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Have you tried setting it up via a computer? Sometimes that makes the setup process go a lot quicker.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

After 3 weeks and so many frustrating attempts to connect to the wifi I'm broken

Seriously Ive never had an issue with any electronic in my life but I've tried everything Fitbit has suggested and what people here have tried.ive tries on 2 different phones an iPad and a computer.

My difference is, I'm in Australia and I bought this through Amazon. Does the Aria 2 not connect to Australian internet ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I have. Same outcome.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I called tech support. The first person wasn’t helpful but somehow with the
second person it just started working. So try them. I didn’t have to do nun
differently. Just took the batteries out again and hit reset button for
some length.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@hfrenette I noticed that you joined our Fitbit Community recently. Welcome aboard! I would like to follow up and would like to know if your Aria scale is still unable to connect with your network or if your scale could be set up after following the the advice from my friends below.

@ERS1901 @emmanator I'm so glad to hear that you resolved the setup issue you experienced with your Aria scales and thank you for sharing the workarounds that helped you to get them set up properly.

@Ginja_Ninja It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! Please let me know  if you are getting any error message during the setup process. Also, let me know if you have made changes to your network such as router, router settings or WiFi password. This info will help me to assist you accordingly.

See you all later my friends! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Juan,

Definitely no changes to router or password.

I've boxed the scales away as it was just so frustrating.

I will try again this week, it so disappointing as I can't even change it kilograms and just weigh myself.

Best Answer

Deleted this post as things are working again after a few hours of frustration.

Best Answer

@Ginja_Ninja I appreciate the time you are taking to troubleshoot this issue. Please let me know if you tried again. Also, let me know if you are getting an error message. If so, please provide more details.

@56rascal I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scale is working properly now! Thanks for posting the update here.

I'll be around if more assistance is needed! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still cannot connect to wifi.

Its so disappointing. i tried again on my Google Pixel ( which i use for syncing and setting up my Fitbit Ionic, and my Fitbit Flyers.

Then i deleted the Scales turned off the phone and tried it on my Microsoft laptop, and again,

"error cannot connect to wifi".

Its a compatible network from what i can tell, its protocol is 802.11n, its network band is 2.4Ghz

so frustrating Juan

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ginja_Ninja, does your WiFi passcode have special characters, or is it excessively long? Both of these have been reported to cause problems with getting the Aria 2 to connect to the WiFi router/access point.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ginja_Ninja Please make sure to change the protocol from 802.11n to 802.11b and your WiFi password is alphanumerical. If you need help with this changes, please reach your Internet service provider so they can guide you how to make those changes.

@USAF-Larry the information you shared is very important and helpful my friend!

Catch you both later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes