Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect Aria 2 to Wifi

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm trying to connect my new Aria 2 to the wifi and I get stopped at the part where it says I should take out one battery for ten seconds. I've done that multiple times and it still goes back to www.fitbit.com/setup. I took all batteries out for a minute as well and same problem. What's going on?

Thanks.

Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

Hi Larry,

It's a very basic 7 digit password for the wifi. So I don't think that's the case.

I will try that Juan, it does say on the cover of the box b/g/n which I assume means it can be any of those 3. 

I don't know how to change it, but will look into it and let you know.

Thanks 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ginja_Ninja Thanks for getting back! Regarding your inquiry, the protocol that the Aria needs is 802.11b or mixed mode (b/g/n). In order to review these changes, please get in touch with your Internet service provider so they can guide you step by step.

I'll be around my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

JuanJo,

I have 2 ARIA 2 scales in 2 different locations. I had no issues in initial wifi setup with either one back in December and January. Now 3-4 months later my scale suddenly says that it cannot find the wifi. I weigh myself every day and when i went in to the app i saw that the Aria 2 hadnt been syncing in 4 days. I tried re-setting the scale and the wifi wont show up in available networks list. I even tried manually entering the wifi info and then it says that the password is incorrect.  I've made no changes to my wifi, all my other devised are connected to the wifi without issue. So I've tried everything in the article. What do I do now? agin this was working just fine a few days ago and just stopped. I didnt even get a warning from the scale until 4 days after it stopped syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RCSmiami I noticed that you joined our Fitbit Community recently. Welcome aboard! Let me go ahead and help you to find a solution for the connection issues you are experiencing with one of your Aria scale. I would just like to know some details that will help me to provide the proper assistance: Do you get any error message when your scale tries to connect? In the meantime, please restart your router, make sure that your WiFi password contains less than 30 characters.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
For several days there was no error message and I didn’t notice that my weight readings were not being logged in the app. The error message that came on after 4 days was that there was no WiFi. After a couple of more steps onto scale it said something about wrong password. And then back to just unsuccessfully finding the WiFi.

The scale has been perfectly connected to the WiFi for 3-4 months. No changes to WiFi or password. The connection just suddenly broke with the scale. WiFi works fine for all other devices. The password is less than 30 and has no special characters.

Rosamaria
Best Answer

@RCSmiami Thank you for providing the details requested above! I would like you to try one more workaround and the outcome will help me to proceed accordingly. Please try resetting your router. Also, restart your scale again by taking out the batteries and put them back in.

Finally, try the setup process one more time.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Spent over 3 hrs on my aria 2 set up so far!!!! Very frustrating! I am thinking of return it tomorrow and get the Nokia one instead!!! 

I spent half half hour read all the instructions on the set up site & tried the following at least 10 times so far:

- wifi name & password ( all numerical & short)

- turn off my Bluetooth and turn it back on

- take out the battery and wait for 5 minuets 

- tried the set up on my 2 iphones & Samsung phone, can’t connect to the wifi at all, keep getting the same “not working” suggestions

after read all the posts in the forum, I think I made a wrong purchase decision 😞 

frustrating!!! 

Best Answer

@Susan333 It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! I wanna follow up and would like to know if your Aria 2 could be set up or if the issue persists. Are you getting any error message during the setup process? If so, please provide more details about the error message.

I know how frustrating this could be for you. However, I'll be glad to turn that bad experience into a good experience.

Looking forward to your reply! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have the same issue. I’m based in Australia but purchased my A2 scales via Amazon. They worked for a few weeks then stopped. I’ve tried setting up the scales several times over various days eg: as a new device, I’ve removed the batteries, pressed the reset button but all I get is “weak signal” or the message to go to fb set up. 

I have no other Wifi issues so how do I fix this please? 

Best Answer

@Flaire Welcome aboard to our Fitbit forums! I'm happy to help you and find a way so you can get your Aria 2 set up again. I would like to know how far is your scale when you try the setup process. Are you getting any other error message besides "weak signal"? Finally, let me know if you have made changes to your network (router settings or protocols).

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
My scale is about 30 cm away from my mobile app and about 50cm from my modem. After about 10 attempts of setting it up as a new device by removing the battery, pressing the button, adding in the new code, putting in my wifi security is only after many attempts that the weak signal someone’s comes up. 
I’ve tried the afore mentioned approach every day for over a week.  Also the fit bit is placed on a hardwood floor not carpet whilst trying this. 
We have An NBN spot right near our home so we have very fast internet with 4/5 bars of signal on every other device. But for someone reason the Aria2 doesn’t find the signal anymore. As we have had the same isp provider for 15 years, switching isp is also not the issue. I suspect it’s just a faulty FB product. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Flaire Thanks for getting back and troubleshooting this issue! Since issue persists, I'll forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution for you. You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have additional questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you saying that the Aria 2 is the same as Aria in that it only supports 802.1.1b.  Do you realize that many new routers like comcast are g/n and n only and do not have a b/g/n.  I was looking to upgrade my aria which no longer connects to wifi since my new comcast router only uses g/n or n only.  If the aria 2 only is compatible with 802.1.1b then it is really behind the times and I will look somewhere else to buy a scale.

Best Answer

@Visualtps Thank you for your interest in the Aria 2/ Regarding your inquiry, the Aria 2 was designed to connect with more wireless 802.11b/g/n networks. This information can be found in this page. Is your router a Comcast?

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have a Comcast/Xfinity router. It can be set to either 802.1.1g/n or 802.1.1n only.  Will this router work with the Aria 2.  I already know it will not work with the Aria.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Visualtps wrote:

Yes I have a Comcast/Xfinity router. It can be set to either 802.1.1g/n or 802.1.1n only.  Will this router work with the Aria 2.  I already know it will not work with the Aria.

I also have a Comcast/Xfinity router and was able to set up my scale with no issues.  Just be sure to set it up with a computer instead of a phone (sometimes this method works much quicker than setting it up with a phone).  As long as the router doesn't have any special characters in it (such as spaces, etc in the name), it should work.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@Visualtps You are correct! Regarding the Aria 1, our team is actively looking into this issue and expect to have a fix soon. However, the Aria 2, as my friend @DramaQueenDiva stated, it connects to Xfinity/Comcast routers that run protocol 802.11b

Let @DramaQueenDiva and me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit wrote:

@RCSmiami Thank you for providing the details requested above! I would like you to try one more workaround and the outcome will help me to proceed accordingly. Please try resetting your router. Also, restart your scale again by taking out the batteries and put them back in.

Finally, try the setup process one more time.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

are they having the same 2,4ghz problems that aria owners are having juan?  tell them the truth juan.

@Visualtps wrote:

Are you saying that the Aria 2 is the same as Aria in that it only supports 802.1.1b.  Do you realize that many new routers like comcast are g/n and n only and do not have a b/g/n.  I was looking to upgrade my aria which no longer connects to wifi since my new comcast router only uses g/n or n only.  If the aria 2 only is compatible with 802.1.1b then it is really behind the times and I will look somewhere else to buy a scale.

not true.  you have to go in and add "b" back in.  the problem is if you have another device that uses 2.4 then it bumps the scale.  you have to switch b off and then on again to have it connect and transmit data.  good times.

i'm thinking juan must be a bot.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been away and haven’t had chance to restart the router and try again. What is strange for me is that the scale worked just fine for 2-3 months and then suddenly stopped connecting. Same WiFi, same router, nothing changed and the suddenly “broke”.

Rosamaria

From my mobile office
Best Answer
0 Votes

The previous router that I had was also a comcast/Xfinity router and that worked well with my Aria since it was set to 802.1.1b/g/n.  However, the new comcast/Xfinity routers only have b/g or n only which will not work with the aria.

So are you saying that the Aria 2 can run on 802.1.1g/n or n only.  Forget about the b since the new comcast routers do not have it.  Also are you saying that a software fix to the aria is coming so that it will work with other protocols.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes