Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale won’t show body fat or BMI

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Aria 2 will display my weight, but instead of showing body fat or BMI, it just shows a head with a question mark in it, then the app records the weight as guest.  Help!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Mine did this at first when I set it up for both me and my wife a couple of days day ago. It is still learning who you are. When you see the head with the question mark immediately tap the top of the scale with your foot (I tapped the right side since I'm right-footed lol) and it should show your user icon and you can tap the X on the left or Checkmark on the right to confirm your identity. Confusing at first but it hasn't forgotten us since.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

Mine did this at first when I set it up for both me and my wife a couple of days day ago. It is still learning who you are. When you see the head with the question mark immediately tap the top of the scale with your foot (I tapped the right side since I'm right-footed lol) and it should show your user icon and you can tap the X on the left or Checkmark on the right to confirm your identity. Confusing at first but it hasn't forgotten us since.

Best Answer

I found that on a Help screen after I posted, and it worked.  It seems to me that the biggest problem with this product is the woefully inadequate written materials.  Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to my question!

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Thanks for joining us in our Fitbit Community! I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scale is working properly now. Thanks for posting the update here. Don't hesitate to get back if more assistance is needed.

@replayreb Thanks for your input and contribution my friend, it was very helpful!.

See you both later my friends! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree why do they not give a written guide with the product it took ages to find out how to weigh myself!!

Best Answer

@SJNL, you can get the manual on-line here:  Aria 2 Manual

Best Answer

I just purchased the Aria 2 and it was doing the same thing. It told me to put the batteries out, reset the machine and I must have done that several times at least.  Then I went and searched on google and the "replayreb" answered showed up and that fixed the issue. Sadly to say, it didn't even dawn on me to tap the screen with the check mark or "x". Once I did that it showed my Body fat & BMI, thank you for posting the solutions to this issue. It saved a lot of frustration, lol.

Best Answer
Glad to help!
Best Answer

@replayreb It's great to hear that your Aria is working as it should also after following the tips posted in this thread!

I'd like to invite you and @replayreb to visit our Discussions board were you guys can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you all in the Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, thanks!  I think that worked.  HOW a person is supposed to know that I don't know!!!  

Best Answer

@squeezal I'm glad to hear that the steps that were shared previously got your Aria 2 back on track! Please check out this page which shares more information about the Aria 2. Also, I'd like to share the Aria 2 manual so you can get the most out of it.

Don't hesitate to get back if more questions arise my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds nice, but all I get is a weight then a blank screen. No icon, no question mark, even the set-up weblink again. REALLY regretting buying this overpriced scale. Currently I get a weight - the same that I got from my previous $12 scale. 

Best Answer

My aria2 has stopped providing me with my BF%. It worked fine for the first few weeks of ownership, but has recently just stopped providing the BF%. There is no x I can tap with my toe. No icons appear anymore. Nothing happens except that it gives me my weight and then gives out the aria website. That's it. I pressed the reset button several times to no avail. It has simply stopped working and I can't figure anything out at all.

I can't seem to connect to the chat support, or do anything else other than hope someone here may have a solution

Best Answer
I have only had the scale for a little over a week now, I think. When I
finally got the BF option to work, which was a challenge - with a slight of
luck, I think - it has been utterly inconsistent and all over the place.
The results are highly unreliable. I also thought it was supposed to
provide BMI, but I have yet to have ever seen this value on my scale. This
scale has flaws...and that's evident online with all of the issues and
stresses people post.

Regarding your issue, I am sorry, but I am not sure how to help. I suggest
calling customer support and making them stay online until it's fixed or
demanding a replacement scale. Fitbit has been good in the past with me
about replacing bad products.

Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes
One other thing you can try, or maybe you have, but it worked for me
because the reset button wasn't working is taking the batteries out and
putting them back in. Don't know why they worked better than the reset
button but it did.
Best Answer

I'm having the same issue.  Lotta $$$ just to get a weight.  And as far as I can tell,  it's not syncing with my fitbit app.  Very  disappointed. 

Best Answer

@JakMak13 It's great to see you here and welcome aboard @SeanCyclist! I'm sorry for the late response! I would like to follow up and would like to know if your Aria 2 shows your BMI and body fat percentage. If not, make sure on your app that the BMI option is enabled by going to the Aria settings. Also, try restarting your scale as advised @Rose85 which is a great workaround for this type of issues.

Finally, make sure that your Aria scales are connected to your account and the setup process, as described in this help article, was followed.

@12Bones Thank you for joining us in this thread! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria 2 stopped syncing with your network. Please try the restart process as well, which consists in taking out the batteries for 1 seconds and put them back in. After this, weigh yourself 5 times in a row and see if those readings get synced.

In the meantime, let me know if your Aria displays any error message when trying to sync your data. Also, let me know if you changed your WiFi password since this could affect the connection between your scale and router. If this was done, you'll need to set up your Aria from scratch.

See you all later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's good of you to have replied.  I have already sent back the Aria 2 for refund.  Perhaps,  if FitBit would make it easier to obtain setup and operating information, users wouldn't become frustrated and return your product.  Having to search blogs and other social media to get help is not acceptable.  Although, sadly, it has become the norm for ALL digital, bluetooth, wifi and other new-age products. Roger Kleist.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Agreed. I actually still have it, but I gave up on the scale. I use my
other scale now. I try both in the mornings, but it won't connect to the
wifi still, my body weight percentage fluctuates between 37% and 49%
regularly, and I have never seen the BMI nor the option to add it that
others have offered. It was an immense waste of money.

how about you send explicit, detailed instructions regarding body fat and
BMI, because my body fat shows up, but BMI never has, and I have used the
suggestions offered to enable the BMI, and it's been a fruitless cause. The
body fat calculator has no level of consistency to it either. It fluctuates
so much, even after this long, I have no faith in it's data.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@12Bones I'm so sorry to hear that you decided to return your Aria 2. I totally understand your frustration and I appreciate your feedback and comments. This info will be forwarded to our team since this helps us to keep improving.

@JakMak13 Thank you for getting back! Regarding the BMI feature, please make sure that you followed the steps that are listed in this help article, under the subject "What does the Aria 2 measure?". Now, in order to get accurate body fat readings, I'd like you to check out the subject "How can I get the most accurate readings on my scale?" and follow the tips that it advises.

Don't hesitate to get back if more assistance is needed and I'll be happy to help!

Best Answer
0 Votes